Android Engineer - New York, New York | STAND 8 Careers | Stand8
We are hiring for an Android Engineer for a cutting edge media entertainment company. If you are ready to create an impact in a collaborative and fast-paced environment, this could be a great opportunity for you!
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in LA, Atlanta, New York, Raleigh, and more.
- Produce a reliable, performant, configurable, state-of-the-art SDK.
- Write clean, concise, readable code that follows common design patterns while adhering to best engineering practices.
- Strive to constantly improve quality of engineering through code reviews, tech talks, pair programming and other collaborative practices.
- Understand business needs and design quality software solutions that work well within the wider architecture.
- Push technical boundaries and propose new processes and technologies.
- Ensure quality and confidence in software by writing effective automated unit tests.
- Lead by example through coding, this is a hands-on engineering role.
- Write clean, concise, readable code that follows common design patterns and principles.
- Collaborate with coworkers from design, engineering, product, project, QA and content teams.
- Translate functional requirements into solutions that work well with current architecture.
- Provide skill development opportunities to direct reports and work with them in regular one-on-one sessions.
- Work with personal connections, HR and recruiters to define and fill open positions.
- Communicate team status, drive and morale.
- Partner with other cross-functional managers to ensure capacity and velocity is maintained.
- Experience with video-on-demand and/or linear video playback on ExoPlayer.
- Experience with building and publishing Android libraries.
- Experience with Kotlin Coroutines and Flows or RX Java and/or Kotlin Multiplatform.
- Senior longevity backend
- At least 5+ years of professional software development experience.
- 5+ years of experience building applications on the Android platform.
- Solid background in Android UI, Android SDK, Android design patterns.
- Experience with the Android SDK and Android platform.
- Strong skills writing and testing code in Kotlin.
- Enthusiasm for building an Android library that handles all aspects of video playback.
- Solid background writing automated unit tests and working with Jenkins.
- Understanding of multi-threading, application deep linking, services & receivers and data binding.
- Understanding of Java concurrency and memory management.
- Experience interacting with RESTful API and data formats like (JSON, XML...etc.).
- Experience working video-on-demand and/or linear video playback.
- Solid background in OOP and knowledge of software design patterns/best practices is essential.
- Proficiency in Java. Worked with JDK (Collections, Generics, Networking, Core Java).
- Experience using Source Control (Git).
- Passion for mobile user experience and design
- Published 2 or more applications available on Google Play.
- Experience working on-site and off-site teams and management.
- Self-motivated, productive, and works well even with/without formal structure.
- Working knowledge of Kotlin, RxJava2 and/or FireTV development.
- Previous experience in the media industry.