Roku Engineer - New York, New York | STAND 8 Careers | Stand8
We are hiring for a Roku Engineer for a cutting edge media entertainment company. If you are ready to create an impact in a collaborative and fast-paced environment, this could be a great opportunity for you!
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in LA, Atlanta, New York, Raleigh, and more.
- Lead by example through coding, this is a hands-on engineering role.
- Write clean, concise, readable code that follows common design patterns and principles.
- Complete work with a conscientious attitude and good follow-through.
- Collaborate with coworkers from design, engineering, product, project, QA and content teams.
- Translate functional requirements into solutions that work well with current architecture.
- Preform peer code reviews.
- Utilize multi-tasking and context shifting skills.
- Identify inefficiencies and make recommendations.
- Develop prototypes and proof of concept projects to test the waters with new technologies or ideas.
- Stay informed with changes in technology and formally present new processes and technologies our team.
- Produce comprehensive, usable software documentation.
- Provide skill development opportunities to direct reports and work with them in regular one-on-one sessions.
- Work with personal connections, HR and recruiters to define and fill open positions.
- Communicate team status, drive and morale.
- Partner with other cross-functional managers to ensure capacity and velocity is maintained.
- Streaming, OTT, video on demand VOD, longevity
- 10+ years of professional experience architecting, developing, and launching software products and/or services.
- 2+ years of experience managing successful engineering teams including hiring and performance management.
- High proficiency & technical leadership BrightScript and SceneGraph
- Commanding knowledge of device manufacturer guidelines, signing, certification and publishing processes.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- You are comfortable with collaborating using Git.
- Ability to provide code samples either privately or through a GitHub repo.
- Several applications in an App store with a favorable rating.
- Knowledge of debugging and profiling.
- Must have legal right to work in the United States.
- Design interest or background with a heightened attention to visual detail
- ReactJS or ReactNative application development
- HTML5 Video, ExoPlayer, Brightcove or other video players
- Client-side or Server-side ad stitching technology
- Ad Tech (VPAID, VAST) or Freewheel integration
- Connected device development like Roku, Xbox, FireTV or Smart TVs