Microservices Engineer - Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey | STAND 8
We are hiring for a Microservices Engineer for a cutting edge media entertainment company. If you are ready to create an impact in a collaborative and fast-paced environment, this could be a great opportunity for you!
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in LA, Atlanta, New York, Raleigh, and more.
Microservices Engineer will be responsible for the analysis, translation, and execution of user stories and operational requirements into software development tasks and implementations following Agile best practices. This requires working closely with senior developers, architects, DevOps, engineering and other stakeholders to drive this development to success. The ideal candidate is a technology savvy individual, passionate about software development and adaptable engineer able to work on multiple, key software projects while maintaining high quality coding standards and commitment to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Multiyear AWS development experience including serverless technology.
- Experience building Backend Microservices in either Python or NodeJS.
- Self-organized person who can work on their own with little supervision in Kanban style model with light process in place.
- Good communication skills.
- Learn and understand company’s media management and distribution workflows for further expansion and customization via software development
- Work closely with product management and operational customers in understanding, digesting, and translating user stories and requirements into specific development and testing tasks
- Develop microservice applications to support the media asset management systems and implementing them using appropriate technologies & frameworks
- Drive the adoption of new technologies including containers, clustering, cloud computing, serverless and API management,
- Follow Agile best practices and tools adopted by the team
- Integrate various software platforms and external 3rd party systems through vendor APIs.
- Work with vendor(s) on API implementation and troubleshooting, suggesting necessary features and identifying enhancement opportunities.
- Configure Dev, QA and Production environments with proper packages and dependencies to enable development, working closely with DevOps and QA teams
- Participate when needed in 24x7 application support schedule; some overnight/off hours shift-schedule support will be required during on-air rollouts, emergencies, and special broadcast events.
- Work with client user groups to ensure operational needs are being appropriately met.
- Education/experience in Computer Science, IT, Engineering or related field/equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with Unix/Linux environments for development, including package management and basic system administration.
- Minimum 5 years working with IT systems, with a solid understanding of network protocols and standards (e.g. DNS, TCP, HTTP, FTP, SSH).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with Microservices setting and development
- Minimum of 5 years of experience developing software against documented third-party APIs and working with vendors to identify and correct issues and drive enhancements.
- Experience developing software in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Schedule flexibility is needed to meet on-air operational needs.
- Familiarity with API Layer management tools and frameworks such as MuleSoft, TIBCO Mashery or APIGee
- Back End Skills: Microservices, REST, GraphQL, Node.js, JVM (Clojure, Scala, Java - Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate, etc.), Database (Postgres, MySQL, etc.), Python, TensorFlow, PyTorch, scikit-learn, NumPy, Golang, Netflix OSS, Container Orchestration
- Data Streaming: Kafka, NiFi, Storm, Hadoop, Spring XD/Spring Batch
- DevOps/Platforms: Amazon Web Services (S3, RDS, EC2, ECS, Lambda, SQS, SNS, DynamoDB, CloudFormation, etc.), Terraform, Chef, Docker, Ansible.
- Automation Testing: Selenium, Karma, Mocha, Jest, Cucumber, ATDD, Protractor, Automated Performance and Regression/Functional Testing
- CI/CD: Jenkins, Antifactory, Nexus
- Build Tools: maven, Gradle, grunt, gulp, git, svn, npm, yarn, Lein, boot, XCode
- Familiarity with broadcast production or video content management systems
- Experience working with Agile and Scrum methodologies for software development and project execution.
- Familiarity with project tracking and collaboration tools such as JIRA and Confluence (Wikis)
- Must be willing to work on-site in Englewood Cliffs, NJ.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Video/Media/Ads tech experience
- Leadership & Mentorship