Defect Manager - New York , New York | STAND 8 Careers | Stand8
We are hiring for a Defect Manager for a cutting edge media entertainment company. If you are ready to create an impact in a collaborative and fast-paced environment, this could be a great opportunity for you!
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in LA, Atlanta, New York, Raleigh, and more.
- Responsible for Defect Management by overseeing defect end-to-end lifecycles and act as the main liaison between the teams as well as both internal and external organizations
- Maintain absolute integrity of the defect ecosystem in JIRA and ensure all changes to defect status are within the guidelines of the defect management process
- Triage defects by assigning appropriate priority, determining ownership of the defect, and routing the defect to appropriate resource
- Lead defect triage calls with key leads and business stakeholders with clear view on defect status with actionable outcomes
- Collaborate with PM/Dev/QA teams to maintain awareness of monthly release schedule, new code changes, bug fix scheduling and retesting to drive defects’ resolution and closure
- Initiate and manage escalation process for any outstanding defects with leadership team
- Identify and implement process & tool improvements for defect prevention and/or to improve defect resolution times
- Regular review of overall defects to determine/assess impact to overall project plan and deployment schedule
- Assist in defining appropriate defect metrics to measure overall defect management program in delivery, productivity and efficiency.
- Proven work experience in building Defects Reporting Dashboard by leveraging analytics toolsets like Tableau and/or PowerBI
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor/Master degree in Computer Science, Technology, or Data Analytics is a must
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working as a project manager/scrum master, with expert knowledge in SDLC and Agile methodology
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to engage with various stakeholders within the organization
- Capable to lead and steer defect management meetings to achieve actionable outcomes
- Server as a gatekeeper and be proactive in identifying and clearing obstacles that may delay the defect resolution process
- Strong self-starter, able to consistently deliver without requiring significant oversight and direction.
- Ability to adapt and learn from extended team members and establish strong relationships with cross functional teams
- Ability to explain technical processes and articulate knowledge of the defect management process to a wider audience
- Good practical knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel) and Atlassian JIRA
- Experience working in media industry is preferred
- Scrum Master/PMP certification is a big plus