Sr Quality Assurance Engineer - Mexico City, México | STAND 8 Careers
We are hiring for a Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer. If you are ready to create an impact in a collaborative and fast-paced environment, this could be a great opportunity for you!
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in LA, Atlanta, New York, Raleigh, and Mexico.
This position will start remote, but must be able to work on site in Mexico City in 2021.
We are seeking a highly motivated Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer to join one of our scrum teams that maintains and develops an internal tax data repository system which is used to update our proprietary content consuming systems.
- Test resolved bugs or software enhancements in order to ensure a quality product, production of content files for various downstream products, as well as helping maintain our testing suites in Protractor and HP Quality Center. Other responsibilities include:
- Involvement in requirements analysis, test planning activities, test case automation and execution of critical test cases/scripts required to ensure that the software meets business requirements.
- Functional Testing levels include application integration, system, system/network integration, and acceptance testing; may also include non-functional testing such as performance, volume, load and fallback.
- Mentoring and guiding the team to perform functional, nonfunctional testing and other testing activities
- Work closely with Product Management and Development to ensure that functional requirements have been met.
- Provides the planning, integration, casing, scripting, and execution of all testing required of a single software change or project or program.
- Independently develops test plan documents, writes and executes automation scripts, manual test cases etc. Provides guidance to less experienced team members for the above.
- Reviews business requirements, and design specifications complex changes/systems for completeness and testability.
- Conducts testing using company-specific, manual, programmatic or automated processes.
- Logs defects per defined project guidelines and standards and analyzes defects including the origin and cause, communicates pertinent information, and confirms resolution of defects.
- Provides subject matter expertise across sub-units.
- Gives advice to middle management on functional matters, or on the interpretation of policies and practices.
- May have some responsibility for managing third party deliveries.
- Leverages technical solutions across multiple projects.
- Stays current with industry trends and identifies technologies that will impact the business.
- Conducts root cause analysis and correlation of other system and/or problems of high complexity.
- Estimates effort required for own work and checks and agrees other team members' estimates.
- Accountable for planning work assigned to their team, including work breakdown, accurate estimate and identification of possible solution options.
- Identifies risk, comes up with mitigation plan, communicates the same, and develops and escalation process.
- Responsible for communicating accurately the status of ongoing work to stakeholders.
- Recommends improvements to the testing processes to create efficiencies.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of quality assurance experience
- 1+ years to test automation development experience
- Experience with HP Quality Center and Protractor
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be deadline driven and results-oriented
- Must possess strong analysis, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of full life cycle development: requirements gathering, analysis, design, coding, unit testing, and acceptance testing
- Experience in any of the following is considered a plus:
- Agile/Scrum Development
- Using JIRA
- A variety of open source frameworks
- Prior work experience in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Database performance testing, analysis, and tuning experience
- Eclipse or IDEA IDEs
- Object oriented development and analysis experience
- Oracle PLSQL, Maven, CXF, Struts, JSP, JSF, SOA, SaaS, Web services, SOAP, XML/HTTP, Servlets, and HTML
- Strong analytical and design skills
- Highly accountable for meeting all commitments and deadlines
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal for technical and non-technical audiences
- Must be able to work independently as well as collaboratively