Senior Software Engineer - mexico city, México | STAND 8 Careers |
We are seeking a highly motivated Sr. Software Engineer with 7+ years of experience in enterprise and/or hosted applications development. You will work closely with a very experienced team to extend and support our industry-leading integration solutions and work with many of the latest technologies. We seek a candidate with demonstrable, proven expertise in Cloud application development, design, and implementation. Broad experience in various types of databases, distributed, and web-based applications.
If you are ready to create an impact in a collaborative and fast-paced environment, this could be a great opportunity for you!
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in LA, Atlanta, New York, Mexico and more.
This position will start remote, but must be able to work on site in Mexico City in 2021.
- You will be responsible for designing and implementing product enhancements, design of existing product functions, troubleshooting and resolving product defects, unit and integration testing. Active interaction with internal customers, other developers, Quality Assurance, Business System Analysts is an integral part of the role.
- Participate in project/work planning sessions to analyze requirements
- Understand requirements to the level of being able to contribute to their creation, in collaboration with capability/product and/or business owners
- Developing and re-factoring existing products, providing product enhancements and resolving product defects to meet customer issues
- Providing technical expertise and peer code reviews to other team members
- Develop and integrate applications per specifications
- Translate technical requirements into application code and modules
- Make modifications to existing applications and modules in accordance with specifications
- Support operational teams with system maintenance, such as upgrading, fall back, troubleshooting, etc
- Approach work with a DevOps and continuous improvement mindset
- Keep up-to-date with emerging cloud technology trends
- Work in a highly collaborative and dynamic agile team environment with multiple levels of technology staff across various geographical locations
- Proactively maintain and manage the cloud environment.
- Ensure consistency with cloud architectural guiding principles for assigned projects
- Develop prototype or "proof of concept" implementations of projects where the technical solution is unknown or unproven
- Assist in resolving technical support issues.
- Proactive in raising problems, identifying solutions and giving/receiving feedback
- Assist in identifying and correcting software performance bottlenecks
- Assist team leads and project managers in work break down and story planning
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of professional experience designing, developing, deploying, and supporting products in an enterprise or SaaS environment
- Experience with full life cycle development: requirements gathering, analysis, design, coding, unit testing, and acceptance testing
- AWS (EC2,RDS, ALB, Cloud formation, Code pipeline, API gateway, S3 , SQS , SNS)
- Cloud native development experience
- Proficiency in Java development frameworks
- Spring boot development
- Web services, XML/HTTP, REST, APIs Spring
- Experience with micro service frameworks (Spring Boot or similar)
- Experience with Container technologies such as Docker, AWS ECS
- Experience with Oracle, or My SQL databases
- Experience with agile/DevOps methodologies
- Experience with Linux or Unix
OTHER SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Proven strong analytical design and trouble-shooting skills
- Highly accountable for meeting all commitments and deadlines
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal for technical and non-technical audiences
- Must be able to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Drive for continuous process improvement