Manual QA Engineer - OTT - New York , New York | STAND 8 Careers |
We are hiring for a Manual QA Engineer for a cutting edge media entertainment company. If you are ready to create an impact in a collaborative and fast-paced environment, this could be a great opportunity for you!
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in LA, Atlanta, New York, Raleigh, and more.
- Create test plans/packs and execution within TestRail
- Liaising with project product owners to clarify player behavior
- Provide knowledge and share throughout the team
- Management of test results and reports
- Regular liaisons with project teams to understand test requirements.
- Drive Improvement throughout the team
- Represent the QA team in project/progress/status meetings
- Mentoring of junior testers
- Strong understanding of testing methodologies, test practice and terminology
- Industry experience and a successful track record in video players testing, web and mobile application testing
- Strong skills in prioritizing and assigning tasks within the team
- Awareness of mobile technology, devices and applications.
- Awareness of streaming technology, AV codecs, DRMs.
- Ability to demonstrate strong communication skills and a focused, determined and Pro-active attitude
- Experience using a test management tool: ideally TestRail
- Experience of using a fault logging tool; ideally GitHub
- Creation and executions of test scripts.
- Strong knowledge of Charles/Fiddler or other debugging proxy tools
- Ability to analyze logs
- Excellent trouble shooting skills and a proactive mind set
NICE TO HAVE
- Basic understanding of video streaming technologies
- Experience of Agile methodology
- Knowledge of JSON
- Experience with automated testing tools