Senior Cloud Solutions Engineer - Parsippany, New Jersey | STAND 8 Careers
We are hiring for a Senior Cloud Solutions Engineer for a cutting edge company of security. If you are ready to create an impact in a collaborative and fast-paced environment, this could be a great opportunity for you!
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in LA, Atlanta, New York, Raleigh, and more.
The Senior Cloud Solutions Engineer (SCS Engineer) is responsible for providing leadership, strategic direction, implementation, and migration planning related to our global Azure initiatives. The SCS Engineer initiates research, design, and implementation of cloud initiatives that are standards based, high performance, highly available and secure in delivering the required business functionality. You will define, design, implement and promote standard configuration and change management, processes and best practices as it relates to Azure deployment and security with a focus on least privileged access and network/system segregation.
Bachelors degree in Computer/IT or IS Engineering/Science required; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the Company. Certifications (Microsoft, etc.) a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge and success in efficiently managing, investigating, and improving upon IT systems/resources and project imperatives
- Proven experience establishing, securing, and managing a large Azure cloud environment.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and an effective player/coach
- Creative and data-oriented problem solver; detail oriented with outstanding organizational skills
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Ability to present information effectively and respond to challenging questions from groups of managers, customers, and prospects.
- Maintaining composure in dealing with executives, clients, prospects, and staff, in group settings and in situations requiring high performance and results.
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Occasional local and regional/national travel for presentations, meetings, and visits.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- 5+ years of experience managing and migrating systems to Azure, preferably within a small to mid-sized and diversified financial or professional services organization that operate in a virtualized environment including:
- ARM Templates
- Virtual Machine Sizing/Performance Analysis
- Azure Backup
- Log Analytics
- Azure Monitor
- Disaster Recovery automation
- Azure Automation
- Azure Governance
- Role Based Access Control definitions for multiple Geographic teams
- Security Center
- Azure Blob Storage
- Azure Migrate
- Azure Networking
- Network Security Groups
- Application Security Groups
- VNET Peering
- VMware experience, Windows Server, experience is required
- Excellent technical knowledge Microsoft Operating systems server 2012-2019, Office 365 Administration/migration, OneDrive, Active Directory, SCOM, Networking (both LAN and WAN),
- TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Citrix, RDS, IIS, DFS, Windows Failover Clustering, MS NLB
- Familiarity with Netapp storage platform and Netscaler load balancer devices.
- Solid track record of supporting cloud-based disaster recovery (DR) with advanced technology solutions and achieving desired RPO and RTO levels
- Azure expert
- Serves as level-4 escalation point for operations team and assists with problem resolution and root cause analysis as needed.
- Further builds on and improves strategy for establishing a secure and well-managed enterprise environment in Azure.
- Establish methods for cost management and billing, resource utilization and calculation as it relates to Azure compute.
- Plans for life/refresh cycles. Assesses current environment regularly and maintains systems inventory.
- Ensures architected solutions work in line with applications, network, desktop, server, storage, etc.
- Continuously monitors and reviews current environment to detect deficiencies, recommend, plan, and implement solutions for improvement.
- Attends daily operations team calls to assess, improve, and remediate any issues identified in the environment proactively.
- Improves on current monitoring capabilities to allow the team to be proactive in response to issues.
- Implements an automation framework delivering faster time to market and improved stability of all infrastructure components, modernization of the monitoring environment to provide proactive response capabilities.
- Sets strategy, develops implementation plans, executes, and oversees the Azure infrastructure, security systems and/or related business processes to ensure the reliable implementation and operation of current and new technologies and services.
- Collaborates with other IT functions on design, strategy, and standards; documents and publish appropriate infrastructure architecture principles and standards, best practices, and frameworks.
- Leads effort to develop technical standards to support and operate technologies within the current or future Microsoft Azure system platform.