Video Streaming Engineer - Miami, Florida | STAND 8 Careers | Stand8
Do you have a passion for Sports? Do you love to solve problems and develop code? Do you have strong initiative, creative thinking, and the ability to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible, and team-oriented environment? Do you have the ability to discover the true requirements of underlying feature requests and recommend alternative technical and business approaches? Are you experienced with the Android platform and/or Over-The-Top video platforms? If you answered yes, then we may be looking for you! We are looking for an experienced Video Engineering team.
STAND 8 provides end-to-end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in Florida, LA, Atlanta, New York, Raleigh, and more.
The Video Streaming Engineer will have experience writing OTT applications and working with streaming video. As part of the Video team you will work with talented developers designing and building out the next generation of Sports online video products. To be successful at this job, you need to bring a winning attitude, innovative coding skills and proven teamwork experience.
- Work with other engineers to maintain and evolve our video encoding platform.
- Plan, Design and Build out cloud-based microservices to support video processing workflows.
- Investigate and resolve video encoding issues.
- Work with the Live streaming events team on configuring and managing live streaming events
- Field questions and requests from site publishers regrading video encoding / playback.
- Work with other developers and Operations team on streamlining CI/CD solution
- Encourage an engineering culture that promotes test-driven development and code coverage
- Additional other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
- Automating live streaming events workflow
- Collaborate with a live encoding team to craft solutions for video streaming that reduce latency
- Evolve and automate asset ingestion pipeline.
- Work with development teams on re-architecture/modernizing of existing systems into the cloud.
- Experience in programming languages such as GoLang, Python, & NodeJS
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience with AVC, HEVC, VP9, AV1, AAC video and audio codec standards
- Understanding of various multimedia transport protocols such as: RTP, RTMP, SRT, UDP, Zixi
- Experienced in developing and maintaining cloud-based live video workflows.
- Experience working with Cloud/SaaS services such as Amazon AWS, Google Cloud
- Drive issues to resolution and provide root cause analysis if needed and work with multiple teams to launch new services across platforms
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong experience with video broadcasting and streaming media standards
- Video troubleshooting experience
- Experience with Digital Rights Management Systems (DRM), including Playready, Widevine & FairPlay
- Understanding of HLS/Dash and HLS/Dash based server-side ad stitching products
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience