Functional Specialist – Finance (SAP) - Plainview , New York | STAND
We are hiring for a Functional Specialist for a company leading the field of manufacturing. The role will serve as a technical and functional point-of-contact for the assigned areas of finance with an emphasis on supporting managerial accounting/controlling. The Principal Business Analyst will assist stakeholders on solution design, ensure data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing and analyze data flows and recommend process improvement opportunities.
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in LA, Atlanta, New York, Raleigh, New Jersey, and more.
This role will manage Finance duties of the organization, including the development, installation, testing, and modification of systems (including 3rd party applications) within SAP ECC 6.0.
- Requirements Management & Analysis – Ability to manage requirements and advance business objectives.
- Creating Compelling Business Cases – Ability to measure and communicate proposed project benefits.
- Provide Accurate Project Effort Estimates – Ability to quality project resource requirements.
- Business Relationship Management – Ability to engage business sponsors and contribute to business outcomes.
- Technical Implementation & Maintenance – Ability to manage oneself and others through the software development lifecycle (SDLC) to implement and maintain technology solutions across a portfolio of applications..
- Provide a full range of systems administration support with minimal supervision and escalation to IT.
- Design, build and implement functional solutions supporting finance and controlling processes in SAP
- Project manage the implementation of new functionality in SAP and other supporting applications.
- Provide system and end user technical support and problem solving, process flow documentation and process change requests.
- Lead the planning and execution of systems related projects.
- Offer expert insights into system capabilities and best practices.
- Collaborate with functional and IT technical teams and business SMEs to realize solutions for cross functional areas (either integration with other SAP modules or external systems)
- Maintain system security and data integrity
- Monitor and update incoming and outgoing interfaces; ensuring that they are functionally correct, and scripts are running properly.
- Business Acumen – Functional knowledge across the breadth of finance processes with experience supporting many of the following functions from a technology perspective: Cost Center Accounting, Internal Order Accounting, Product Costing, COPA and Revenue Recognition. Must also have a thorough understanding of cross-module dependencies (SD, MM, WM, PP). The analyst will be required to have a strong business knowledge of manufacturing processes. Experience in an international multi-company code, multi-currency environment and dealing with intercompany transfer of goods and month-end closing processes
- Experience on a Full life cycle implementation
- Need experience with interacting with different modules across FICO from expense reporting or data warehouse
- Experience in data governance and integration technologies for finance data across platforms (e.g. ChromeRiver, BPC, SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC), etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or related business field and at least 8 years of hands-on experience in a global enterprise delivering ERP solutions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong logical and analytical thinker.
- Proven strong abilities in design, build, and monitoring of SAP configurations across multiple systems.
- Detail oriented, pays attention to detail during requirements gathering.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Able to manage multiple projects in a dynamic work environment.
- Self-directed with the ability to operate under limited supervision.
- Proactively monitor industry, functional, and technology trends as they apply to finance processes.