Senior Full Stack DevOps Engineer - Los Angeles, California | STAND
The world's leading live event high-tech ticketing company is seeking a Sr. Database Engineer. As a global and growing business, we can truly offer a world... of opportunities to expand your skills and develop your career, this could be a great opportunity for you!
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in New Jersey, LA, Atlanta, New York, Raleigh, and more.
- Experience with Linda Xu VP Data Platform
- RDBMS and NoSQL technologies.
- Continuously improving the reliability and performance of existing open-source database platforms, both cloud and on-prem solutions.
- Build tools with a self-service approach to facilitate the usability of the datastore services and contribute to engineering development (or developer) success
- Build tools to integrate and facilitate daily and OnCall operation routines.
- Provide database expertise to collaborating engineering teams (Database change reviews, database architecture solution, benchmark testing, PoC collaboration, performance tuning, troubleshooting etc.).
- 7+ years of experience designing, managing, operating, and scaling open-source databases, such as MySQL, Cassandra, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, or Hadoop. (required to be domain expert at least two technologies)
- 3+ years of experience with infrastructure automation and configuration management (Ansible, SaltStack, Terraform, Puppet, Chef ), can orchestrate and automate complex administrative tasks.
- 3+ years of experience on AWS DB solutions and their ecosystems (Aurora, RDS, DynamoDB, lambda, EC2, Cloudwatch, Eventbus, SNS and AMI, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience with high-level programming language in a software engineering or data engineering role. (Python, Java, Django, or Go)
- Deep knowledge of data store technologies. Such as relational and NoSQL core knowledge, high availability, replication/sharding and DR solution, database observability (metrics, dashboards, and alerts).
- Understand and willing to adopt SDLC and Agile best practices.
- Know your way around Linux and the Unix Shell.