Lead Video Software Engineer - New York City, New York | STAND 8
Do you have a passion for Sports? Do you love to solve problems and develop code? Our client's streaming platform encompasses both free, paid, and premium streaming services that serve a global audience. We're building a team of Software Engineers with Video Engineering experience that have strong initiative, creative thinking and the ability to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment.
If you are experienced with the Android platform and/or Over-The-Top (OTT) video platforms - and enjoy discovering the true requirements of underlying feature requests and recommending alternative technical and business approaches, this will be a great opportunity for you!
The ideal candidate will have experience writing OTT applications and working with streaming video. As part of our Video Engineering team you will work with talented developers designing and building out the next generation of online video products! To be successful at this job, you need to bring a winning attitude, innovative coding skills and proven teamwork experience.
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in LA, Atlanta, New York, New Jersey and more. We are building a team with direct relationships with our clients and are setting up interviews ASAP for those that can hit the ground running using innovative solutions. These positions are internal consulting roles supporting our Solutions division and may be done remotely.
- Specialist in programming languages such as GoLang, Python, & NodeJS
- 7+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience with AVC, HEVC, VP9, AV1, AAC video and audio codec standards
- Understanding of various multimedia transport protocols such as: RTP, RTMP, SRT, UDP, Zixi
- Experienced in developing and maintaining cloud-based live video workflows.
- Advanced working knowledge of Cloud/SaaS services such as Amazon AWS, Google Cloud
- Strong experience with video broadcasting and streaming media standards
- Video troubleshooting experience
- Understanding of HLS/Dash and HLS/Dash based server-side ad stitching products
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Work with other engineers to maintain and evolve a video encoding platform.
- Plan, design and build out cloud-based microservices to support video processing workflows.
- Investigate and resolve video encoding issues.
- Work with the live streaming events team on configuring and managing live streaming events
- Field questions and requests from site publishers regrading video encoding / playback.
- Collaborate with developers and operations team on streamlining CI/CD solution
- Encourage an engineering culture that promotes test-driven development and code coverage
- Additional other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
- Automating live streaming events workflow
- Collaborate with a live encoding team to craft solutions for video streaming that reduce latency
- Evolve and automate asset ingestion pipeline.
- Work with development teams on re-architecture/modernizing of existing systems into the cloud.
You might also have:
- Provisioning, troubleshooting, operations and maintenance of systems, applications and equipment used in the next-gen video delivery ecosystem
- Experience monitoring and managing cloud based and in-house encoding software and ABR monitoring appliances
- Experience with Digital Rights Management Systems (DRM), including Playready, Widevine and FairPlay
- Certifications in AWS or GCP a plus
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience