Active Directory Architect - Century City, California | STAND 8
Back to Job Search
Active Directory Architect
Date Posted: 9/20/2021
Job ID: Job #3761
Employment Type: Contract
Location: Century City, California
SHARE THIS JOB POST
We are hiring for a hands-on Active Directory Architect for a cutting edge media entertainment company. Be prepared to make an immediate impact, join a collaborative, fast-paced, cross-functional team, and gain exposure to strategic decision-makers! this could be a great opportunity for you!STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in LA, Arizona, Tempe, New York and more.
- You will create a new AD infrastructure for several thousand users.
- Architect, deploy, secure, and administer multiple Active Directories and AD services.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with Active Directory.
- Able to solve AD issues and also troubleshoot connectivity issues with AD.
- Integrate applications, network devices and systems with AD for authentication and directory services.
- Experiencing with Okta IDP and Directory Integrations.
- Experience supporting Okta Identity Access Management solutions.
- Experience supporting LDAP, SSO, SAML, or WS Federation.
- Collaborate with other teams within IAM and provide solution and support for AD & Windows Server technologies.
- Develop security standards for Active Directory and related technologies.
- Maintain software and OS levels to the latest standards.
- Monitor the infrastructure to make sure availability and performance SLAs are met.
- Monitor and maintain tools used for Monitoring, Auditing, Reporting and Backup.
- Partner with Architects, Engineers and Operations individuals across a variety of services and infrastructure organizations to resolve issues, provide technical feedback, and to contribute to the overall architecture direction.
- Analyze and isolate problems and issues while leading problem bridges while being available for 3rd level on call support when needed.
- Enhance and improve existing infrastructure through automation and reporting.
- Collaborate effectively with a team, utilizing excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Successfully deliver projects, meet project milestones, and communicate issues/risks appropriately.
- Develop and document policies, procedures, and associated training plans for systems administration and operations teams.
- Take handoff of problems from SME leads and work them independently to root cause.
- Own Root Cause Analysis and Problem Management for corporate Identity Management environment.
- Create and maintain system documentation for domain technologies, including installation, configuration, and appropriate troubleshooting steps.
- Improve existing processes through solutions to recurring problems and enhancements to existing solutions or documentation.
- 10+ years of hands on experience designing, architecting and managing complex multi-forest and multi-domain Active Directory
- Strong technical knowledge of LDAP, Authentication, Kerberos, DNS and windows security in general
- Strong technical knowledge and experience with Microsoft Windows server OS
- Experience with Windows and Mac Desktop Operating Systems
- Must have deep and thorough understanding of monitoring best practices, preferably with Microsoft System Center Operation Manager (SCOM)
- Experience troubleshooting AD, Kerberos, LDAP application connectivity issues
- Experience with Wireshark or Network Monitor or similar tools
- Thorough understanding of Windows Server Security (IPSec, NTLM, UAC, Windows Firewalls, etc.)
- Strong understanding of PKI technologies
- Good PowerShell scripting skills
- Experience documenting and maintaining configuration and process information
- Excellent client service delivery with a focus on the end user experience
- Experience with VMware enterprise infrastructure
- Experience with Quest AD tools (ARS, Change Auditor, and RMAD)
- Experience with Active Directory Trusts and Domain migrations.
- Good understanding of MDM and MFA
- Strong technical knowledge of ADFS, Azure AD/AWS, AD Connect and Federation