SQL Server DBA - Monterrey, Nuevo León | STAND 8 Careers | Stand8
We are looking for an experienced SQL Server database administrator with development and application background to join our team, supporting our on-premise and Cloud environment. This Candidate will work closely with other DBAs, System Administrators, Application Developers, and Project Managers to provide exceptional support of business needs. This could be a great opportunity for you!
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in Mexico, LA, Atlanta, New York, Raleigh, and more.
- Designing, building, and administration of applications and databases
- Performing software installs, upgrades, and patching
- Performing database backup and recovery, security, monitoring, performance, and troubleshooting
- Ensuring compliance with all best practices and SOP
- Performing other tasks and needs such as user support, training, documentation
- Providing off-hours support when needed to avoid business impact
- Ensuring compliance with Change Management and ITSM
- Developing a knowledge of business needs and applications, to provide guidance and technical support
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or 8+ years of equivalent experience in IT
- Hands-on experience architecting, engineering and managing applications and solutions.
- Experience with SQL Clustering and Availability groups
- Manage database system performance and tuning
- Manage large enterprise applications
- Experience with Azure PaaS technologies and apps such as AzureSQL, Azure Tables, Cache, SQL Server DW, Azure AD etc.
- Scripting and automating with PowerShell, VB, database utilities, and other tools.
- Familiar with Azure IaaS Technologies such as VMs, Virtual networks, Express Routes, Standard/Premium storage etc.
- Experience with Oracel DB, My SQL and Postgress is a plus.
- Experience with Windows administration
- Microsoft Office 365, Active Directory Administration
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to elicit, communicate, present and train on technical and non-technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Azure certification is a plus
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to lead small efforts and teams, can work independent and is self-motivated
- Willingness to multi-task multiple priorities with minimum direction and supervision
- DevOps engineering or software engineering
- Effective at working as a team member or individual contributor