Desktop Engineer - Mountain View, California | STAND 8 Careers |
We are hiring for a Desktop Support Technician for a Health care company.
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in Mountain View, LA, Atlanta, New York, and more.
The Desktop Engineer is a member of the Desktop Group within Technical Services. Responsible for engineering the desktop infrastructure and managing the desktop experience in a 24x7x365 high-availability healthcare environment.
Responsibilities include planning, designing, forecasting, deployment, documentation, capacity management, patching, updates, and other ongoing oversight of the organization’s desktop environment. The Desktop Engineer has a broad technical understanding of organizational processes, technological offerings and service capabilities. The Desktop Engineer champions transformative technologies that are both business and patient care centric. The Desktop Engineer regularly consults and works with the Desktop Group Supervisor, Server Engineers, Network Engineers and Applications Analysts on large projects and complex issues and, in some cases, is the Project Manager responsible for the product deliverable. The Desktop Engineer is actively engaged in process definition, developing best practices, growing service capacity, and improving quality while adhering to all IS Division guidelines, policies and procedures, and directives. The Desktop Engineer is responsible for the configuration and deployment of application packages, operating systems, compatibility testing, and user acceptance testing. Mentoring, project management, excellent troubleshooting and communication skills are required for success. Will be required to provide 24x7 on-call rotation with some evening and weekend work required as necessary.
- Associate degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND six years relevant desktop engineering work experience in Information Technology within healthcare or other 24/7 high-availability environment.
- Or 10 years relevant desktop engineering work experience in Information Technology with at least two years’ experience being within healthcare or other 24/7 high-availability environment.
- Successful completion of CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, MCP in Windows Desktop, or other comparable certification. Must present evidence of certification.
- Experience with managing technical projects such as hardware and software deployments.
- Knowledge of server functions such as file, print, and application services; as well as functional understanding of directories, shares, share rights, user accounts, user rights, and groups.
- Strong technical and customer service skills a MUST.
- Two years advanced experience with Active Directory administration.
- Minimum of two years (concurrent) proven ability to package and configure shrink-wrapped, home-grown, and compiled MSI applications for completely automated administrative deployments.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of Windows and non-Windows operating systems, domain architecture, server-side services, and interaction with the desktop environment.
- Demonstrated experience in end-user device technologies, application integration and associated services, operating systems, and related utilities.
- Ability to comprehend and modify network services and resources.
- Demonstrated experience designing unattended package builds, processes, and imaging utilities.
- Ability to evaluate software products and make recommendations based on business and patient care objectives.
- Demonstrated proficiency in operating system security, capabilities, vulnerabilities, and batch implementation methods.
- Working knowledge of virtualized environments. VB, Batch, WSH, and/or Rapport scripting knowledge and abilities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to automate and design software systems.
- Ability to create technical documents such as training manuals, release notes, product evaluations, and process diagrams.
- Exceptionable knowledge of industry packaging standards and quality assurance processes.
- Must possess excellent written and interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to build organizational partnerships with users and quickly and effectively solve their problems.
- Must demonstrate excellent written/verbal interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to build organizational partnerships with others and be able to negotiate and build consensus.
- Ability to manage own time and schedule own tasks.
- Must take the initiative to work efficiently without constant supervision and direction.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness, initiative, and analytical abilities.
- Must be able to work varied shifts and/or additional hours.
- Ability to read, write, hear, and verbally communicate in English to the degree required to perform the job.
- Successful completion of system certifications such as VMware, Citrix, complex Microsoft certifications, Linux certifications, etc.
- Database Administration – specifically, experience running complex queries to generate reports for data analysis.
- Prior experience working in a systems engineering role within a major installation.
- Successful completion of multiple courses from a recognized program in relevant computer fields is desirable.
- Experience working in and administering a virtual desktop environment.