Server Cloud Engineer - Stamford, Connecticut | STAND 8 Careers |
We are hiring for a Server Cloud Engineer for a cutting edge media entertainment company. If you are ready to create an impact in a collaborative and fast-paced environment, this could be a great opportunity for you!
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in Connecticut, Atlanta, New York, Raleigh, and more.
Engineer work with internal teams to build, manage, monitor, maintain and support Server/Cloud infrastructure in a 24/7 media environment. Automate ways to provision/deprovision infrastructure quickly, while maintaining consistency. Provide 24/7 support. Document and train level 1 support staff on procedures. Support Application Development teams with infrastructure requirements. Research, recommend, and implement systems to improve performance, stability, and reduce costs.
- Extensive experience with AWS/Azure and respective services
- Minimum 3 years, supporting VMware Infrastructure components: Servers, Network, Storage, Backups
- Excellent performance and troubleshooting skills
- Proficient in Linux
- Cloud Automation – Cloud Formation, Terraform, ARM
- Proficient in scripting – PowerShell, Bash
- Ability to write technical documentation
- Dell EMC Storage – Unity, Isilon
- Configuration Management – Chef, Puppet, Ansible, DSC
- Container services
- Hyper converged infrastructure – Cisco HyperFlex/Dell EMC VxRail
- Cisco UCS Blade/rack hardware and UCS Manager
- Monitoring software – SolarWinds, Zabbix
- Veeam/Symantec NetBackup backup software
- Active Directory
- Disaster Recovery
CERTIFICATION IS A PLUS
AWS, Azure, VCP, MCSA/MCSE, Linux