Business Data Analyst (K-12 / Education) - Los Angeles, California |
Business Data Analyst for a major Education client. If you have public or private education experience, this could be a great opportunity for you!
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in New Jersey, LA, Atlanta, New York, Raleigh, and more.
- Background in Public or Private Education required
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience with data modeling, Oracle/SQL Server database, PL/SQL and or T-SQL, Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) process is desirable.
- 4+ years of demonstrated experience as Business Data Analyst.
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience using data mining and reporting techniques.
- 3+ years of experience in statistical computation and proven skills in using tools for analyzing huge data sets.
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience with queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- Coordinate activities needed between School data partners, program offices, project, and technical teams to gather and document business requirements and identify key data points.
- Work collaboratively with teams involving data systems and policy teams to organize data from various sources for the Digital Divide initiative.
- Compile, calculate, and report conclusions from internet speed/connectivity, and survey data reports, per the business requirements.
- Determine and establish a method to regularly collect and organize data in order to optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
- Develop and review metrics and performance trends, identify root causes and process improvements, including ability to identify data errors and inconsistencies, as per business requirements.
- Perform statistical calculations for data/trend interpretations; compile and interpret trends, analyze fluctuations, correlations, and/or patterns.
- Develop, prepare, and present a variety of reports about Digital Divide initiative study in statistical, graphic (charts, graphs, etc.), or narrative forms (deliverables determined based on target audience).
- Consult with Digital Divide administrative staff and recommend improvements to in the evaluation of all processes and make recommendations.
- Analyze connectivity performance data, trends, demographics, and identify performance metrics and indicators related to local districts, community of schools and the district as a whole.
- Meet regularly with the Digital teams and sponsors to report overall data analysis and evaluation.
- Analyze source data and perform data audits to ensure accuracy and conformance to established data standards and defined business requirements.
- Analyze source data against business requirements and provide recommendations, if needed.
- Provide source data cleansing recommendations as needed.
- Assist in drafting and finalizing status reports, Board reports, and Board briefings language as needed
- Prepare various reports such as program performance reports, statistical reports, and metrics, with analysis and interpretations and comparative to industry standards.
- Provide daily and weekly status reports to Digital Divide leadership such as the Chief Information Officer.
- Provide on-going quality assurance on various project deliverables