Data Analyst - Calabasas, California | STAND 8 Careers | Stand8
We are looking to hire an Operations Data Analyst to join our data team. You will take responsibility for managing our master data set, developing reports, and troubleshooting data issues. To do well in this role you need a very fine eye for detail, experience as a data analyst and deep understanding of the popular data analysis tools and databases.
If you are ready to create an impact in a collaborative and fast-paced environment, this could be a great opportunity for you!
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in Cary, LA, Atlanta, New York, Raleigh, and more.
The Operations Data Analyst will support customer domain by analyzing vast amounts of raw data to find patterns and help to build models that will help improve customers’ experience, improve processes, and mitigate risks for the business stakeholders. Will utilize skills as a Data Analyst to extract valuable business insights, and make real-time predictions to improve the profitability of our business or how our business operates.
- Processing confidential data and information according to guidelines.
- Analyzing data sets from applications and infrastructure servers, make sure data sets are fully operational for the business unit.
- Managing and designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata.
- Supporting the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements.
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Assessing tests and implementing new or upgraded software and assisting with strategic decisions on new systems.
- Managing users and user roles.
- Provide quality assurance of imported data, working with quality assurance analysts if necessary.
- Commissioning and decommissioning of data sets.
- Generating reports from single or multiple systems.
- Troubleshooting the reporting database environment and reports.
- Evaluating changes and updates to source production systems.
- Training end users on new reports and dashboards.
- Providing technical expertise on data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, college in computer science or mathematics.
- Must have a strong background in problem-solving in a business environment.
- Extensive data problem solving skills in SQL required
- Ability to work with stakeholders to assess potential risks.
- Ability to analyze existing tools and databases and provide software solution recommendations.
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms.
- High-level experience in methodologies and processes for managing large scale databases.
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
- Understanding of addressing and metadata standards.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills are a must.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, and sound judgment.
- Excellent time management skills.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Math or related discipline; graduate degree in Data Science or other quantitative field is desirable
- Experience that is software and infrastructure oriented.
- Experience in Support or Help Desk (client/customer facing roles) dealing with tickets and/or a Systems Analyst, Application Support background is a big plus.
- Self-starter with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Strong quantitative, math, and problem solving skills
- Strong business acumen and ability to interface effectively with management team
- Curious and creative mind that can apply strong analytic and problem solving capabilities to tackle real-world problems
- Good team player, who pays attention to details