Sr. Business Analyst, Surety - Purchase, New York | STAND 8 Careers
The Senior Business Analyst will be responsible for leading the business and functional requirements definition for the policy administration as well as downstream systems and reporting. The senior business analyst will also be responsible for planning, light project management, facilitating user acceptance testing and managing business relationships.
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in LA, Atlanta, New York, Raleigh, and more.
- Lead requirements definition for web applications and digital channel development initiatives. Identify and translate underwriting business needs into clearly defined requirements for new Insurance consumer and commercial web portals, automations, exiting product enhancements, system integration, and create documentation inclusive of user stories, business use cases, process flows, data flows, traceability matrices and report mock-ups.
- Plan, facilitate, and conduct requirements gathering sessions, meetings, and presentations.
- Lead review sessions for completed business/functional requirements with key business users focused on gaining consensus and final business approval.
- Leads the collection, clarification, and implementation of business requirements for the digital channel. Works closely with cross-functional teams (Underwriting, Operations IT, Analytics, QA, Finance, Marketing) to ensure the delivery of quality enhancements and feature sets that meet the complex needs of customers and are validated against functional and non-functional requirements in accordance with design specifications.
- Coordinates the execution of a testing approach for all work elements ensuring quality delivery. Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and non-functional requirements in accordance with design specifications. Coordinates activities for UAT (User Acceptance Testing). Collaborate with development and testing teams to provide subject matter expertise, ensure that out of the box functionality is leveraged and assist in troubleshooting and resolving issues.
- Ensure that proposed solutions are focused on improving efficiency and effectiveness of the business processes and are consistent across products where possible.
- Participate in the development and planning of the User Acceptance Testing activities, including test plans and scripts, based on requirements.
- Facilitate UAT execution phase and work with business lead and project manager to obtain user acceptance test signoff.
- Provide direction and leadership to one or more IT Business Analysts.
- Travel as required, approximately 10%.
- 7+ years of business analysis experience in web application development commercial product online portals/applications. Property & Casualty and Specialty insurance experience a huge plus.
- Strong technology experience with policy administration solutions. Experience with Guidewire PolicyCenter strongly preferred.
- Experienced with Agile SCRUM methodology and business analysis methodologies; working knowledge of business analysis documentation standards.
- Hands-on experience writing user stories is required.
- Knowledge and experience leveraging both IT solutions and business process improvements.
- Experience operating and interfacing with business management, including negotiation and presentation skills.
- Proven track record of creating clear, concise deliverables that reflect a deep understanding of business needs and the out of the box software functionality.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Must be proficient with process modeling tools (e.g., Visio). Experience with other visualization tools is beneficial.
- Experience supervising small teams. Experience using standard project and business tools including TFS, Rally, Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Understands communication channels and escalates appropriately.
- Strong initiative; able to self-manage. Comfortable with ambiguity and able to work through it to get the right things done.
- Must be able to see tasks through to completion without significant guidance.
- Personal time management skills and ability to meet individual and team deadlines.
- Team player who works well with technical and business resources.
- B.A / B.S degree in Business, Finance, Natural Sciences, Software Engineering, Engineering
- Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) is a plus
- Insurance Certification, i.e. CPCU is a plus