Java Engineer (mid level) - New York, New York | STAND 8 Careers |
Are you a developer interested in new media, social activities and television? We are hiring for a Software Engineer II (Mid level Java Engineer) for a cutting edge media entertainment company. If you are ready to create an impact in a collaborative and fast-paced environment, this could be a great opportunity for you!
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in LA, Atlanta, New York, Raleigh, and more.
We focus on building complex and flexible video APIs and back-end tools to power video distribution across multiple platforms and regions.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- The successful candidate will embrace our design precepts and will be a collaborative team player able to communicate her/his ideas with colleagues and management. We are looking for the person who can work in a fast-paced environment and has a strong grasp of cutting edge languages and technologies.
- The candidate must be able to work closely with management and meet fixed deadlines.
- The candidate must have experience with all aspects of the development life-cycle from requirements gathering and development to testing, deployment and support.
- The candidate is responsible for designing, modifying, developing, writing and implementing software programming applications.
- The candidate is responsible for participating in the testing process by writing, maintaining and running test scripts.
- Projects may include building APIs, database schema design and development, and building user interfaces.
- Java, MySQL, and Linux experience required
- Strong knowledge of MRSS, XML, JSON, and REST a plus
- OOP design and development experience required
- Bachelor's degree in a related area and 2 - 5 years of experience
- Web Service experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of Tomcat and Spring MVC a plus
- Strong knowledge of Search Indexes (ex: Solr) a plus
- Experience with Test Drivin Development (TDD) Environments and committed to automated testing a plus
- Experience with PHP a plus
- Experience with Video CMS (ex: thePlatform or Ooyala) a plus
- Experience with Big Data a plus
- Experience working with source control systems a plus
- Web development best practices a plus
- Experience with Restful services a plus
- Experience in the Media space a plus
- Agile experience a plus
- Knowledge of open source software a plus