MS SQL Developer - Plano, Texas | STAND 8 Careers | Stand8
We are hiring for a MS SQL Developer for a cutting-edge financial platforms to provide growth and solutions for a top nationally known home mortgage lender. If you are ready to create an impact in a collaborative and fast-paced environment, this could be a great opportunity for you!
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in Los Angeles, Atlanta, New York, New Jersey, Raleigh, and more.
- Multi-Cloud Data Stores: Manage program's Multi-cloud data stores capability in our AWS cloud environments. Monitor server and database performance and ensure effective and efficient utilization of database systems/processes while meeting the necessary SLAs. Also develop and maintain accurate system documentation.
- Data Catalog and Metadata Management: Experience in Data Management practices including data catalog, data dictionary and metadata management.
- Database Management & Security: Experience in Installing, configuring, patching and upgrading SQL servers and its components such as SSRS, SSIS and SSRS. Able to implement database security and audits at server and database level.
- Development: Hands on experience in relational database programming in Microsoft SQL server, T-SQL, Stored procedures, data modeling skills. Experience in developing and troubleshooting SSIS packages, developing and improving SSRS reports, writing stored procedures and functions.
- Troubleshooting & New Tools evaluation: Proactively identify, fix and improve various kinds of performance issues in production. Assist team in timely resolution of issues. Always open and willing to learn new technologies, software tools and required skill sets and provide recommendations / improvements.
- Facilitate Communication & Transparency: support communication, integration, and transparency across the team. Be able to handle multiple priority tasks at the same time.
- Adhering to best practices.
- Documenting processes related to database design, configuration, and performance.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, or similar.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in database engineering.
- In-depth knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL) specifically with T-SQL and MS SQL database environments
- Must have agile development experience
- AWS cloud platform experience (RDS, EC2, etc.) a big plus
- Exposure to building real-time data streaming data pipelines and be able to analyze the data in near-real time.
- Extensive experience with database technologies and architecture.
- Sound knowledge of best practices in database engineering and data security.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.