SDET (Angular and Python) - Universal City, California | STAND 8
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in Mountain View, LA, Atlanta, New York and more. This position offers full time benefits and longevity for talented associates who can work on a W2 without sponsorship.
Our solutions team is hiring for our global media client's development efforts seeking a SDET Quality Engineer to join the team to work on an application that handles digital rights and distribution. You should be hands-on and comfortable in an Agile environment with strict deadlines. You will be responsible for automated testing of web UI, APIs, E2E and database applications. If you are interested in a "Shift-Left" Agile testing TDD methodology environment to drive higher quality software products and faster innovation across cutting-edge digital platforms, this is a great opportunity for you! This team values collaboration and a team-focused culture balanced with cutting-edge technology and solutions.
- REST APIs and API Gateway (AWS)
- Python and Lambda serverless architectures
- Protractor and Jasmine testing frameworks
- PyTest testing framework and BOTO3 libraries
- AWS platforms and products (EC2, RDS, API Gateway, Lambda)
- Strong understanding of HTML5, CSS, HTTP Requests
- Strong understanding of SQL database, ability to write SQL queries (RDS or SQL Server)
- Experience with GitLab CI, Jenkins or any other CI CD tools
- Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) design testing infrastructure and write code to examine and validate large-scale software development and deployments.
- As an SDET you partner with software developers to create code tests concurrently with product development.
- Work in an Angular front-end environment with a Lambda serverless backend driven by Python
- Build tools that help developers be more productive, write better code and test it themselves
- Work in an Agile Software Delivery methodology highly focused on developing automated tests within an iteration
- Work with the project team to drive Test Driven Development where modules that are being worked on are tested right away for immediate feedback
- Provide a risk assessment on the defects identified and set the correct priority and severity
- Perform ad-hoc/exploratory tests from a feature as well as regression testing
- Define the scope and procedures for quality engineering of the application, including the development and maintenance of automated test scripts using Protractor, Jasmine, PyTest, Selenium, etc.
- Execute backend and serverless data-driven tests with Python automation / PyTest
- Create logically structured test plans, design detailed test cases, file defects, generate reports