Cloud Finance Analyst - Agoura Hills, California | STAND 8 Careers |
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in Agoura Hills, Atlanta, New York, Raleigh, and more.
This position offers full time benefits and longevity for talented associates who can work on a W2 without sponsorship.
We have a direct relationship with the hiring manager on this critical project and are setting up interviews next week for someone who can hit the ground running using innovative solutions. This position is for a Cloud Finance Analyst contract to hire opportunity. Be prepared to make an immediate impact, join a collaborative, fast-paced, cross-functional team, and gain exposure to strategic decision-makers!
If you are interested in enabling and driving innovations using the latest cutting-edge financial platforms to provide growth and solutions for a top nationally known home mortgage lender, this is a great opportunity for you! This team values growth, collaboration, and a team-focused culture balanced with cutting-edge technology and solutions.
Continuously develop, manage, and present cloud cost structures to the various division. Be an integral part of analyzing and recommending the purchase of cloud computing, contributing financial cloud expertise during budget and strategy cycles and providing expert advice on cloud cost to division and groups.
- 35% have experience with AWS and its products (cloud computing)
- 65% very familiar and comfortable with numbers, models, forecasting, etc.
- Develop Show Back, Charge Back, Cost Allocation, and budget forecast models
- Financial oversight and management of Cloud operating budgets and/or chargeback to customers
- Overtime manage team of analyst
- Reporting to business application owners the monthly cloud computing services consumption costs that will be charged back to the respective line of business/cost center
- Identify cost optimization opportunities and partner with cloud architects to resolve/solution
- Present business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks on Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) topics
- Define tagging guidelines to ensure appropriate categorization of costs
- Define guardrails to optimize cost performance
- Define requirements for alerting when costs are higher than expected within a billing cycle
- Develop and administer reporting and tracking system of all TCO/economic related activities
- Report on project costs and product cost
- Development of Reserve Instance, on-demand, and spot instance strategy and guidelines
- Coordinates and consolidates efforts associated with vendor management
- Development Cost Allocation Models for Shared Services
- Forecasting cloud computing costs to business application owners to support the annual budgeting process
- Working with Cloud Enterprise Architect and Solution Architects to optimize cost performance
- Support TCO Cost Estimating processes
- Experience pricing products including usage, compute, storage, bandwidth types of cost
- Capability to contribute to cloud numbers (spend) for budget including providing budgets with cloud spend (current and future state)
- Good at predicting/forecasting cost of cloud computing and able to develop models for expected usage and costs
- Experience with costing out new systems that tie into the costing other products including creating blended financial models with existing and new products together
- Experience with financial modelling to determine when, and how much computing should be purchased to ensure the best outcomes for various volume discount levels like buying computing at a discount at various times of the year. Ex: add cores for more computing, more storage, etc. to get bigger discounts if volume purchases are at specific times.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business or a related field or equivalent work experience
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in IT financial management
- Experience in financial modeling and analysis of large scale IT infrastructure, application and/or service investments
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience in building and operating financial control and analysis systems (cloud cost analysis, showback, and chargeback)
- Ability to report on financial data
- Experience understanding how cloud resources are tagged
- Experience using tools to perform billbacks and showbacks
- Experience providing suggestions about cost optimizations
- Experience reporting to individual application owners or IT on cost savings ideas