Video Streaming QA Engineer / SDET - New York , New York | STAND 8
Major companies across the globe? STAND 8 is hiring talented Video Streaming QA Engineers with experience in OTT, Shaka, and video players to help drive innovation and provide end-to-end solutions internally and for our clients. Join our us!
Our team is comprised of industry experts from many different studios, with deep skills in OTT and video streaming platforms and products.
We are growing our Center of Excellence (CoE) around all things Video Streaming and automation; from ingest and ad insert, to DRM, player, SDK, and infrastructure as code in the cloud. Join our team and learn from others in the industry and share your experiences to create re-usable accelerators, and IP.
- Work with the QA team to design and manage test plans, automated regression scripts, tools and methods that ensure a quality solution is delivered
- Industry experience and a successful track record in video players testing, web and mobile application testing
- Awareness of mobile technology, devices and applications.
- Awareness of streaming technology, AV codecs, DRMs.
- Create test plans/packs and execution within TestRail
- Liaising with project product owners to clarify player behavior
- Implement new Shaka, OTT, or video player capabilities to improve the platform, experience, performance, and stability
- Experience of using a fault logging tool; ideally GitHub
- Strong knowledge of Charles/Fiddler or other debugging proxy tools
- Mentoring of junior testers
- Responsible for client delivery, change and knowledge management
- Work closely with Architects, Engineers, and additional teams to understand requirements
- Work with vendors and lead the team to troubleshoot and resolve live encoder/packager, HLS/DASH stream type problems
- Lead development and point of contact for internal video analysis tools (stream validators)
- Create roadmaps, document best practices, and conduct client presentations
- Coach and mentor junior technical and functional team members
- Experience with automated testing tools
- Excellent trouble shooting skills and a proactive mind set
- 2+ years of Video Player, Shaka, or OTT streaming experience is a must
- Film and/or broadcast media industry experience is a plus
- Proven ability to design and optimize video streaming processes
- Excellent client-facing written and oral communications skills
- Experience building Libraries/SDKs is extremely important
- Experience working with web players like HLS.js, Shaka Player, DASH.js, video.js, Clappr, MP4, CMAF
- API and Migration experience
- Experience integrating and automating the flows and building automation flows/streams
- Expertise with performance and monitoring tools including Conviva, New Relic, Grafana, Prometheus, and/or Splunk
- Experience working in an agile team (Scrum or Kanban) a plus
The Ideal candidate is:
- Hungry, Humble, and Smart
- Pro-active attitude
- Goal oriented & customer focused
- Passionate about developing products that delight the user
- Creative mindset & leads by example
- Enjoys communication & collaboration
- Implements sustainable engineering rigor/principles/practices
- Believes in continuous improvement - Team(s) get better over time
- If you have been or would like to be a speaker at Demuxed, we would like to meet to you
If this opportunity resonates with you but you feel you’re not quite there yet… we still want to talk to you about other positions on our team.
About STAND 8
STAND 8 has been in business for over a decade and has strategic partnerships with almost every major Film and Media studio in the United States. We’ve been named partner of the year multiple times by numerous clients. We build long term relationships as the trusted advisor to our customers around digital engineering, cloud infrastructure, delivery automation, data science, security, and digital workplace. With over a dozen offices world-wide, teams have autonomy to be responsive to the market and do what’s right for our clients. Our teams are backed by four global delivery centers, a culture of collaboration, and strategic partnerships.
Our Video Streaming CoE helps our clients bring the most impactful customer experiences to life. We do that in a way that makes our clients the hero of their transformation story. We are passionate about and dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive team. Our team is comprised of industry experts from many different studios, with deep skills in OTT and video streaming platforms and products.
STAND 8 is committed to offering continued growth opportunities and exposing our people to meaningful work that aligns to their personal and professional goals. We are passionate and dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive team.
Learn more at STAND8.io