IT Project Manager - New York, New York | STAND 8 Careers | Stand8
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in LA, Atlanta, New York, Raleigh, and more.
The Project Manager will be responsible for leading teams to deliver project(s) that span across one or more business units. The Project Manager will manage resources, schedule, financials, and adhere to stage gate quality and SDLC control guidelines throughout the full systems development life cycle. This also includes managing issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery.
The Project Manager will work in coordination with the Tech Lead, Application and Technical Architects, team leads and members and third party vendor to successfully manage and complete project deliverables. The selected candidate will also contribute to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery. The Project Manager has the authority to run the project on a day-to-day basis on behalf of the Steering Committee, within established constraints. The selected candidate will always retain ownership from a Project Management perspective. The Project Manager will verify that the project produces the required deliverables of quality, within the specified constraints of time and cost, and to achieve the potential benefits defined in the business case.
- Looking for Content Licensing.
- Someone who also is well versed in Participations & Residuals
- Manage a portfolio of complex initiatives that span one or multiple lines of business
- Liaise with Steering committees, VPs, Directors, project sponsors and strategic partners
- Provide on-site leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
- Full Project life cycle ownership: Successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for one major or several minor initiatives simultaneously
- Manage all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of CBS's strategic objectives
- Manage and lead project teams consisting of on shore and off shore internal / external resource
- Report on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
- Build and maintain relationships by engaging business sponsors, key stakeholders, SDEs and project team to establish creditability, solve problems, build consensus and achieve objectives
- Provide feedback on the use of the SDLC templates for medium to large size implementations to ensure predictability and consistency across the Portfolio
- Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expend and mature these capabilities for the organization
- Prepare estimates and detailed project plan for all phases of the project
- Procure adequate resources to achieve project objectives in planned timeframes
- Communicate roles and responsibilities of the project team, per the Enterprise Program delivery guidelines
- Manage the day-to-day project activities and resources, and chairs the project management team meetings
- Monitor staff performance and complete performance reviews
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership
- Understand interdependencies between technology, operations and business needs
- Demonstrate a functional acumen to support how solutions will address client goals while maintaining alignment with industry best practices
- Act as an advocate for Enterprise Program Delivery in applying methodology, processes and tools for adopting best practices for Project delivery
- Manage project scope and changes through the change management process
- Participate and/or drive feasibility studies, vendor selections and proposals for evaluation by appropriate key stakeholders.
- Manage process improvement initiatives assessing current and future state solutions contributing to improving the success of the Project Portfolio.
- Act as an internal quality control check for the project; apply thorough stage gating throughout all phases of a project to driving consistency.
- Develop the Quality Management Plan with assistance from the team leads.
- Manage ongoing quality control and participate in quality issue resolution.
- Adapt to procurement policies and procedures established by the CBS procurement authority.
- Assist in dispute, negotiation, arbitration, or litigation, as needed.
- Support formal/informal schedules to manage the engagement contract.
- Define the Statement of Work and Specifications for the requested goods and services.
- Monitor the progress of the RFP, RFQ, IFB, or RFI, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Computing, Business Administration or equivalent preferred.
- At least 8 years of demonstrated experience managing a portfolio of complex initiatives that spans multiple lines of business.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with Steering committees, VPs, Directors, project sponsors and strategic partners.
- Proven success in an Executive leadership role, managing large projects approximately ($1-2 million), with a fortune 500 consulting company.
- Demonstrated ability to manage all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports business & IT strategic objectives.
- 8+ years of strong Project Delivery experience with strong knowledge in ERP Enterprise solutions (preferred), technologies and process integration.
- 5+ years of experience in a Major Consulting firm is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability in leading/driving project teams; 10+ on/off shore resources.
- Proven success in providing on site leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones.
- Performance Reviews and Staff Development; monitor the performance of staff
- Proven full Project Lifecycle ownership and solid previous experience in developing and deploying templates for medium to large size implementations to ensure predictability and consistency across the Portfolio.
- Established practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expend and mature these capabilities for the organization.
- Excellent experience in SDLC Methodologies, Agile, SCRUM, SDLC / Waterfall.
- Established track record in defining success criteria, metrics, test and deployment management methodologies.
- Possess strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across, and down multiple business and technology organizations.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence.
- Build and maintain relationships by engaging business leaders to establish creditability, solve problems, build consensus and achieve objectives.
- Excellent leadership, communication (written, verbal, and presentation) and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands.
- Strong functional and technical knowledge.
- Managed process improvement initiatives assessing current and future state solutions contributing to improving the success of the Project Portfolio.
- Research best practices within and outside the organization to establish benchmark data, and use continuous process improvement disciplines to achieve results.
- Acted as an internal quality control check for all projects; stage gating and specifically test and deployment management activities across the Portfolio driving consistency.
- Primary skills in Content Licensing. Also prefer experience in Participations & Residuals.
- Tools: MS Project, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; CA Clarity PPM, ServiceNow PPM