Sr. DevOps Engineer - Austin, Texas | STAND 8 Careers | Stand8
We are excited to welcome an experienced Sr. DevOps Engineer to our team in Austin, TX! In this role, you will be responsible for automating infrastructure and creating CI/CD pipelines and work closely with developers and QA to help facilitate repeatable deployments.
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in New Jersey, LA, Atlanta, New York, Raleigh, and more.
- Utilize scripting languages such as python, Ruby bash, and PowerShell.
- Automate Public cloud environments by utilizing tools such as Terraform, Ansible, and cloud formation.
- Architect and build services and systems in both AWS (Multi-region) with a “Security-First” mindset.
- Container management with AWS EKS, AWS ECS, Kubernetes, Docker.
- Follow a continuous deployment, continuous integration model for server provisioning, and application deployment.
- Setup code pipelines for the delivery of code into Production.
- Set configuration standards for Cloud services, automation, Linux, and Windows systems.
- Address escalated infrastructure issues, and monitor infrastructure components for performance, capacity, failures, and uptime.
- Work within strict time frames following change management protocols to provide maximum uptime.
- Implement, review, and adhere to security policies along with working with audit teams.
- Research and remediate system vulnerabilities.
- Interact and coordinate with architects, developers, vendors, and internal business partners.
- Professionally represent the DevOps team as a technical consultant on projects.
- Maintain documentation of all Cloud infrastructure-related components including build and modifications.
- Maintain a solid working knowledge of current infrastructure and future trends.
- Participate in on-call rotation providing “Always On” support.
- Extensive experience with DevOps methodologies, processes, and framework.
- Automation expert with coding skills and a mindset to automate manual/repetitive tasks.
- Extensive scripting experience with Terraform, YAML, Ansible, Python, Bash, and knowledge of PowerShell.
- Automation experience in Public cloud environments, with a strong understanding of infrastructure as code.
- Experience in continuous deployment and lifecycle management using tools such as Gitlab, Git, stash.
- Develop code promotion processes, pipelines, and version control.
- Senior Linux engineering skills and working knowledge of Windows.
- Working experience with Nginx and Apache Tomcat.
- AWS: 5+ years hands-on administration and automation of various AWS services (ECS, EKS, LAMDA, S3, ALB/ELB, etc..).
- Experience with Windows, and Linux.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-velocity environment.
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience with a bachelor’s degree; or equivalent work experience. Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills.
- AWS or Azure cloud certification is preferred.