Datacenter Infrastructure Operations Engineer - Orlando , Florida |
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in LA, Atlanta, New York, New Jersey and more. We are building a team with direct relationships with our clients and are setting up interviews ASAP for those that can hit the ground running using innovative solutions. This opportunity will be a long-term project based in Orlando, FL.
The role will be expected to be able to provide answers and make decisions at the site at time of question for any matters that are within scope; these decisions should be based on experience, training and company standards, and will have a direct impact on the project, budget, infrastructure, and/or business. The role will be regarded as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for space, power, cooling, cabling, security, standards and other miscellaneous areas as it pertains to MDF/IDF/SIDF, campus fiber ring, and other areas that contain company infrastructure.
The engineer must have experience with data center environments and Nlyte (DCIM - datacenter infrastructure management) software. This person will be required to lay and pull cable, and set up IDF / MDF locations with the same level of care and cabling precision found within the datacenters. The engineer will move between campus locations as well as the internal datacenter as required to complete the projects in flight. Will also work with vendors as necessary and be able to build locations per design specifications (blueprints, etc.). Will encounter a variety of cabling / routing / switching / WLAN equipment across the work site and follow all required safety and regulatory requirements.
Responsible for developing the standards of a Critical Environments infrastructure and management of new infrastructure build out projects. Insuring the Campus Distribution facilities are at the highest standards and that uptime reliability of the core systems are met.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Experience and knowledge of industry standards in telecom and structured cabling
- Experience and knowledge of MEP standards and operations as it pertains to critical environments
- Experience and knowledge of Site Construction and vendor management
- Experience and knowledge of cable management and fiber distribution standards
- Experience with code enforcement or compliance, understanding general building terms and processes
- Strong analytical, and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Professional Business communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic MS Office skills, including PowerPoint, Visio, etc..
- Understanding of Autodesk Navisworks, RevIT, AutoCAD is a plus
- 5+ Years: Experience and knowledge of UPS, PDU, ATS, CRAH, CRAC, Generators and HVAC principles including chilled water systems.
- Experience within data centers and use of Nlyte (DCIM) software
- Planning and installation of IT racks/cabinets, cable management, copper, and fiber optic cabling.
- Knowledge of infrastructure systems and equipment
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- CET/CEM RCDD
- CommScope Designer - preferred but not required.
- High school degree or GED is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- Technical experience in Infrastructure, Data Center Operations is also required. Applicable work experience could be considered in lieu of BS