Sr Business Analyst (Residuals & Participations) - Los Angeles,
We are hiring for a Sr. Business Analyst for a cutting-edge global media company. The global platform entertains millions of customers and you will be a key resource within the Residuals & Participations financial systems. If you are ready to create an impact in a collaborative and fast-paced environment, this will be an exciting and great opportunity for you!
STAND 8 is a strategic services and staffing company that partners great talent with amazing opportunities in technology solutions for all industries. We work with top tier client-partners across the United States and have offices in Los Angeles, Atlanta, New York, New Jersey, Raleigh, and Morro Bay.
This is a great opportunity to work for a global digital broadcast media entertainment company. You will be responsible for defining, analyzing and documenting user requirements, procedures, and problem resolutions. In this role, the person will lead joint design efforts to offer a new solution or value proposition to customers, automate processing or to improve existing business processes and associated information systems. You will also be responsible for defining the appropriate methodologies and best practices for performing business analysis and design in the support of core organizational functions and business processes. In addition, you will serve as a mentor, resource and guide other Business Analysts within the Application Development group.
- Solicit client requirements through interviews, workshops and/or existing systems documentation or procedures
- Lead design discussions, identify design options, provide UI mock-ups
- Plan, execute, and document fit-gap analysis, application configuration, deployment, data migration, and integration
- Develop test schedules, review testing plans, track and document testing efforts
- Develop project management plans and estimates to support projects and enhancements
- Help facilitate project/enhancement governance and prioritization
- Support existing portfolio of applications through small enhancements and bug fixes
- Prepare presentations for business users and senior management
- Perform ad hoc analysis and special projects, and lead projects through completion
- Alert manager to potential risks and issues of importance
- Identify areas within the business where technology can lead to increased efficiency and productivity. Provide analysis of current processes and workflows and be able to work with the business to suggest improvements.
- Understand the functions and constraints of the current systems and work with the development teams and/or vendor to drive new features
- Provide user documentation and training for applications
- Assist in creation of project estimates to support departmental planning and budgeting activities
- Act as a mentor and coach to Business Analysts
- Experience in Media industry finance within the areas of Residuals, Participations and/or Production Accounting
- Financial experience and understanding numbers is a must
- Preferred media/entertainment background
- A minimum of seven (5) years of business analysis experience
- Documented experience with SDLC methodology and process
- Excellent analytical, communication (both verbal and written), facilitation/organizational skills
- Strong relationship management skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Solid understanding of technology
- Experience with Agile methodology is a plus
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent experience is required