End User Computing Engineer - Purchase, New York | STAND 8 Careers |
We are seeking an End User Computing Engineer to join the IT team. Our client has a large and aggressive portfolio of projects which will require a strong project manager with solid IT infrastructure knowledge to help drive continued growth and expansion.
The ideal candidate will have strong project management skills, a level of understanding of the technologies they are implementing, and good skills navigating the organization for the resources they will require to insure on time and in budget delivery.
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in LA, Atlanta, New York and more.
- Planning, initiation and execution of complex End User Computing projects including a rolling cycle of Windows 10 upgrades
- Implementation and management of VDI in the cloud using Citrix and Windows Virtual Desktop
- Engineer packages and deployments of system image and end user device software via SCCM
- Perform product analysis, quality assurance, troubleshooting and support
- Function as a resource on projects including new hardware images, Windows and Office upgrades and other projects involving updates to software on end user devices
- Coordinate with multiple teams and departments to implement, maintain, support and enhance the end user device experience and work with Infrastructure team to ensure a common user experience between end user devices, VDI and Citrix
- Manage and administer business critical systems, such as System Center Configuration Manager, Active Directory environments
- Implement and support of Microsoft Intune MDM technology
- Assist in the end user experience with Office 365
- Research complex technical problems and identify, implement and communicate technical fixes
- Automate tasks by scripting (PowerShell, VBScript, batch)
- Create new and maintain existing support documentation
- Maintain high standards in quality in the delivery of End User Computing services
- Must be able to work independently on assignments and able to be available remotely on off business hours for emergencies and/or testing
- Must have 4+ years in an End User Computing/Desktop Engineer role
- Must have 4+ experience with Windows 10, Active Directory Structure
- At least 3 years of IT experience supporting a hybrid cloud environment including Windows, Azure, O365, OneDrive for Business and Office 365 Admin Centers
- Experience with VDI management and implementing in the cloud
- Experience with administering and deploying software using SCCM
- Ability to work under pressure with a willingness to learn.
- Strong customer service focused, highly organized, responsible, and team oriented with excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Broad understanding of the Desktop environment
- Team Player
- Ability to interact with end users to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Excellent documentation skills
- Resourceful and self-starter
- Ability to learn quickly
- Bachelor’s Degree