Scrum Master - New York, New York | STAND 8 Careers | Stand8
We are hiring for a Scrum Master for a cutting edge media entertainment company. Be prepared to make an immediate impact, join a collaborative, fast-paced, cross-functional team, and gain exposure to strategic decision-makers! this could be a great opportunity for you!
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in LA, Atlanta, New York and more.
The Scrum Master is a servant leader that enables a team(s) to drive features forward, while also focusing on dependency management at the team level for 1-3 teams.
- Drives efficient team operations by promoting a common understanding of Scrum roles, rituals, artifacts, and processes, ensuring their adherence through a voice of reason and authority, and by facilitating all Scrum ceremonies.
- Protects the team and puts the needs of the team first, keeping each team member focused on their role by proactively flagging and removing impediments to the team’s delivery on sprint commitments and overall performance, resolving conflicts both within the team and with stakeholders outside of the team.
- Optimizes the team to their highest potential and embodies the spirit of Agile and continuous improvement, by motivating the team towards self-organization, by surfacing data and learnings that illuminate areas to improve, and by continually learning and applying new tools and techniques to manage himself or herself and coach the team.
- Creates transparency into the team and trust with the business and stakeholders, by continuously honing team estimation capabilities, by keeping the team focused on delivering on their roadmap commitments, and by providing visibility into team progress through demos, sprint progress reporting, and communication.
- Drives excellence in Project and Program Delivery, takes Ownership, and inspires teams to achieve success.
The Release Train Engineer (RTE) is a servant leader and coach for the Agile Release Train (ART). The RTE’s major responsibilities are to facilitate the ART events and processes and assist the teams in delivering value. RTEs communicate with stakeholders, escalate impediments, help manage risk, and drive relentless improvement. The Solution Train Engineer (STE) is a servant leader and coach for the Solution Train, facilitating and guiding the work of all ARTs and Suppliers in the Value Stream. Although Agile Release Trains (ARTs) and Solution Trains are composed of self-organizing and self-managing teams, trains don’t drive or steer themselves on autopilot. That responsibility falls to the RTE or STE, who operate most effectively as servant leaders. They have a solid grasp of how to scale Lean and Agile practices and understand the unique opportunities and challenges associated with facilitating and continuously aligning a large development program.
The Scrum Master/Release Train Engineer performs his or her duties within established guidelines and scaled Agile environments of the associated group and greater organization, adhering to standards established across all Agile teams.
- Working with a robust backlog and working heavily with Jira, external spreadsheets, emails and convos with different groups.
- Going to be working more with traditional concepts, doesn't need to be a SAFE cert guy/gal. They mainly work in Agile Scrum, very few groups work in SAFE. Going to be more of a practitioner helping get the day to day done.
- Sprint planning - NOT running a ton of sprint cycles.
- Delivery tracking and day to day.
- Order and scheduling will be telling the group what content is and where to fill it, feeding the top of the supply chain.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
- Certified Scrum Master and/or PMP & SAFe certification(s) is strongly desired
- Experience with media management/playout & content delivery workflow systems is preferred
- Experience driving initiatives within a media company and/or in an online consumer-facing business environment
- Experience in Streaming/OTT and/or awareness of Streaming/OTT business models
- Possesses a solid technical background; ability to drive resolution of technical issues and incorporate technical and architectural considerations into planning, decisions, and recommendations
- Ability to influence and motivate people to high levels of performance and teamwork
- Demonstrated working partnership with engineers (including QA), technical and business management, department heads, and product managers
- Strong knowledge and passion about Agile principles and practices
- Provides coaching around Agile frameworks and best practices for feature/project delivery, utilizing traditional project management approaches when needed
- Facilitates and/or supports Agile framework ceremonies for Agile teams
- Responsible for teaching and enforcing the values and principles of Agile, while promoting self-organization and constantly improving our standards of work
- Identifies, tracks, and removes impediments for feature/project and team success
- Facilitates the creation of a well-defined product backlog
- Ensures planning of go-live and deployment activities and facilitate their execution
- Ensures that all team members understand and accept their roles and responsibilities
- Assists with resource allocation and effective capacity planning for team to determine what team can take on in any given sprint
- Monitors sprint velocity and works with team to determine how they can continue to improve on velocity and recognize additional efficiencies as they mature
- Tracks and reports key project metrics, informing stakeholders as appropriate
- Manages feature/project delivery with respect to capital budgets
- Manages relationships with all invested parties, including (but not limited to): Product, Engineering, Infrastructure, Operations, Brands/Audiences, and/or other key stakeholders
- Arbitrates and resolves conflict within the team
- Coordinates participation of different tech and business groups in requirements gathering, specifications, design, development and implementation of key projects
- Shields the team from outside “noise” or distractions that prohibit them from being successful
- Learns, understands, and actively uses project management & ticket tracking software to effectively manage the team’s backlog and sprint-committed items, and ensure accurate and timely reporting against delivery targets and project/program governance.
- 5+ years in Agile project management in a well-established, high-performing Agile software development environment with at least some dedicated teams
- Advanced knowledge of Scrum and other Agile frameworks and software engineering practices, as well as Waterfall/hybrid project management approaches
- Experience in Scaled Agile frameworks and the Release Train Engineer role
- Ability to understand technologies applicable to assigned product or service area and facilitate resolution of technical needs as they arise
- Comfortable leading business and technology in vetting technical options
- Superb written and verbal communications, presentation skills, and meeting facilitation skills (including with an executive audience)
- Is direct and honest in dealing with others
- Treats all people with respect and fairness
- Acts consistently with their words
- Follows ethical business practices
- Works effectively through job and organization changes
- Deals constructively with pressure, maintaining a professional and positive manner
- Creative Excellence
- Passion & Optimism
- Teamwork & Transparency