Applications Systems Analyst - Plano, Texas | STAND 8 Careers |
We are hiring for an Applications Systems Analyst for a cutting-edge financial platforms to provide growth and solutions for a top nationally known home mortgage lender. If you are ready to create an impact in a collaborative and fast-paced environment, this could be a great opportunity for you!
STAND 8 is a strategic services and staffing company that partners great talent with amazing opportunities in technology solutions for all industries. We work with top tier client-partners across the United States and have offices in Plano, Atlanta, New York, New Jersey, Raleigh, and Morro Bay.
The Applications Systems Analyst is responsible for planning, designing, and implementing major information systems; functions as a coordinating systems analyst; and performs related work as required. Responsibilities would include system administration and, potentially, primary system liaison to clients.
- Designs data entry and query screen layouts; report layouts, and file layouts for systems to outline the user interface using a hardware, software, and system utilities tools
- Writes and revises program and system specifications to create directions for development and modifications of program code
- Analyzes existing applications and systems to determine needed modifications and/or enhancements
- Plans, monitors and controls several assigned projects concurrently to effectively use time and programming, time management skills, and project management software
- Interviews clients to determine system requirements using technical expertise
- Evaluates business problems and revised operational procedures to identify potential enhancements to assigned systems to meet changing business requirements using technical expertise
- Serves as a technical liaison between the work unit and other segments of the Department or outside agencies to investigate and resolve problems, and facilitate proper use of assigned systems using a mainframe/personal computer, modern office equipment, and personal contacts
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- Demonstrate behaviors which are aligned with the organization’s desired culture and values
- Significant design experience in Relational Databases, Online Systems, and Web-Based Applications
- Project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be highly proficient in Excel and Word
- Must be a team player with strong attention to detail and able to work independently
- Proven track record at delivering timely and accurate information in a fast-paced environment
- Critical thinking, problem solving, mathematical skills and sound judgment
- Financial Services and, if possible, mortgage industry experience preferred
- Strong business acumen and ability to interface with executive management