Sr. Business Analyst V - Banking / Real Time Payments - Los Angeles,
We are hiring for a Business Analyst V – Treasury Management Payables/Receivables for a top banking partner leading their field. If you are ready to create an impact in a collaborative and fast-paced environment, this could be a great opportunity for you!
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in LA, Atlanta, New York, Raleigh, and more.
Under general supervision, uses specialized knowledge and skills obtained through education, experience and/or, specialized training to serve as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide solutions to meet user needs. Provides business analysis support for moderately complex applications, including analyzing and documenting business processes and translating user requirements to software development teams. Leads projects of moderate scope and complexity or serves as a business advisor to project teams. Guidance is provided to perform varied work that is frequently difficult in character requiring some evaluation, originality and ingenuity to make moderately complex decisions. Resolves or recommends solutions to moderately complex problems. Extensive contact with internal customers is required to identify, research, and resolve problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adheres to established standards and maintains currency in business analysis practices, procedures and techniques.
- Consults with product manager to identify, analyze, refine and document communication content, marketing and sales content.
- Coordinates project scheduling with appropriate entities.
- Develops and maintains project schedules and produces project reports and documentation.
- Develops conceptual design documents, alternative solutions, scope of work, functional specifications, and logical skeletons for new systems.
- Follows up with internal clients about completed tasks to ensure business project tasks are completed to satisfaction.
- Identifies requirements for testing, develops test plans and scripts and coordinates test transmissions, as required. Tests software.
- May determine appropriate actions in emergency situations to ensure data is secure and available for use as soon as possible.
- May prepare project proposals and project plans.
- Reviews operational procedures and methods; maps current business processes; defines and analyzes business activities; identifies best practices; and recommends improvements.
- Serves as a liaison between end users and software development teams, including functioning as a subject matter expert (SME) in translating requirements to software development teams.
- Maintain currency in analyst skills.
12+ Years Experience - Knowledge of:
- treasury management payables and receivables services like ACH, Wires, Zelle and RTP (Real-Time Payments), Online Bill Pay, Integrated Receivables.
- Functional, operational and technical requirements of assigned project(s).
- Concepts of risk management, issue tracking, change management and requirements gathering.
- Concepts, practices and procedures analyzing business processes.
- The use of technology in business.
- The relationship between IT and business.
- Core business competencies such as finance, management, accounting, operations, and marketing. • More detailed awareness of the business context of a technical solution, including specific business goals associated with the project, how the project will meet the goals, and their own part in advancing the goals.
- General financial industry knowledge and knowledge of supported business area.
- Business Analysis tools: Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), Software Engineering Methodology (SEM) process, Change Management, Project Management tools (MS Project), time tracking tools, Use Case advanced quality assurance (QA) tool usage for test case development, execution, and defect tracking/issue tracking software.
- Creating and interpreting process maps and flowcharts.
- Preparing various reports, summaries, surveys and written recommendations.
- Developing and maintaining project plans.
- Developing conceptual design documents, including devising logical skeletons for new systems.
- Conducting usability testing of software applications.
- Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications
- Ask pointed questions to verify clear understanding of client issues.
- Analyze a business function and derive a set of requirements to satisfy a general request.
- Take ownership of an aspect or task on a project with little to no assistance.
- Actively communicate technical and business aspects of work efforts to team members.
- Champion a non-technical project improvement effort.
- Lead requirements gathering sessions.
- Provide a high level of customer service.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Exhibit a positive attitude when dealing with others.
- Follow all internal procedures for handling customer requests.
- Communicate timely and through proper channels to keep customer and upper management informed of the progress of an issue.
- Clear, concise, grammatically correct oral and written communications, including SEM documentation.
- Demonstrate appropriate frequency and level of detail in communications