Fiber Planner - Irvine, CA | STAND 8 Careers | Stand8
We are hiring for a Fiber Planner. If you are ready to create an impact in a collaborative and fast-paced environment, this could be a great opportunity for you!
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in LA, Atlanta, New York, Raleigh, and more.
Responsible for interfacing with other organizations to establish standards and best practices for capacity management of optical fiber cable, conduits, and passive network systems that extend the useful life of inside and outside plant assets. Leads network design and planning in collaboration with fiber construction teams on proposed large-scale fiber network projects. Establishes design solutions for network expansion and large or complex customer network designs. Collects and analyzes network capacity data to forecast fiber capacity exhaustion and initiates projects to proactively address capacity constraints. Utilize data to initiate projects to overbuild networks, optimize fiber routes, and/or address densification of metro services according to established network architecture standards. Develop business cases and projects to address forecasted capacity constraints to meet customer demand. This position will work cross functionally within a matrix organizational structure to achieve implementation goals in conjunction with RF Engineering, Fiber Engineering & Operations, Regulatory, Finance Product Development and Supply Chain Management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Create fiber network designs for large customer opportunities in support of RFPs
- Utilize network inventory databases and design tools to design custom solutions for customers and network capacity
- Collect and analyze data from network inventory databases and other sources to develop utilization trends and exhaustion forecasts for the regional and/or district networks on a monthly basis and publish reports.
- Use trending information to estimate exhaust timeframes for each of the parameters being tracked
- Review any capacity exceptions to make a determination/recommendation on the necessary actions to address/mitigate
- Develop/evaluate network enhancement alternatives and put forth business case recommendations for management
- Monitor adherence to published standards. Develop corrective action plans to address any issues identified. Support the development and implementation of new standards.
- Provide recommendations for network data improvements.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Telecommunications, Computer Science, or related field preferred
- Minimum five (5) years of telecommunications experience or equivalent work experience required
- Strong background with GIS based mapping systems
- General knowledge of telecommunications network design (i.e. DWDM, MPLS, and wireless system connectivity)
- Experienced with fiber optic splicing and testing procedures
- Extensive knowledge of both outside & inside plant fiber construction design, cabling products and distribution architectures
- Capable of leading a project from design concept to network implementation
- Technical writing skills with high proficiency to produce white papers, test cases, test plans, design documents, and technical diagram
- Knowledge of Outside Plant Construction techniques (aerial & underground) preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong project management skills with attention to details; PMP certification a plus
- Ability to work under pressure, complete assigned tasks under stressful situations and large workload balances with strategic partners.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal skills
- Self-motivated and to make critical decisions
- Knowledge of telecommunications and wireless communications a plus
- A positive attitude and desire to deliver exceptional results for our customers.
- Personal commitment to safety, integrity, and continual professional development