Agile Team Coach & Manager - New York , New York | STAND 8 Careers |
We are hiring for an Agile Team Coach & Manager for a cutting edge media entertainment company. If you are ready to create an impact in a collaborative and fast-paced environment, this could be a great opportunity for you!
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in LA, Atlanta, New York, Raleigh, and more.
- The Agile Team Coach (Coach) works with both employees and teams in product, engineering, development, and design groups, by advising on best practices in various disciplines (e.g., Agile, team effectiveness, business deliverables) and removing impediments to success. The Coach fosters an environment with continuous development and efficient delivery of outstanding products and code.
- The passions of the Coach include: communication, Agile best practices, group dynamics, coaching, and overall improvement of the department’s/organization’s efficiency.
- As a Coach, it is imperative to have an insatiable hunger for improving one’s own knowledge of the subject area and a laser-focused drive towards improving existing practices.
- The Coach must understands streaming digital groups from a strategic, functional, and technical perspective, in order to provide the organization with a well-rounded approached that adds value.
- Superior knowledge of SAFe, Scrum, Kanban, other Agile frameworks and software engineering practices, as well as traditional project management approaches
- At least 5 years of experience working in an Agile environment, in a variety of situations, with at least 3 years coaching, mentoring, and training as a Coach, Scrum Master, or Product Owner in a well-established, high-performing Agile software development environment with at least some dedicated teams
- Certified Scrum Master and Certified Scrum Professional
- Ability to work with high-performing teams and challenge them to improve beyond their current goals
- Innate drive to increase one’s own growth and that of others
- Superb written and verbal communications and presentation skills
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coach and mentor individuals and teams to discover and implement improved ways of collaborating and developing into high-performing, self-organizing, Agile units
- Provide balance of guidance where teams greatly benefit and take ownership of best practices, but are not dependent on the Coach
- Directly manage Digital Scrum Masters based in Poland, UK, Canada, Italy and US to ensure the team are aligned to the Agile Handbook and driving forward to Agile maturity with the guidance and support of the Agile Coaches.
- Drive adoption of Agile best practices in teams; deviating from “the book” where appropriate
- Proactively pinpoint and work with teams to remove areas of inefficiencies and waste
- Facilitate learning in a trusting environment by way of individual sessions, lunch and learns, group workshops, onsites/offsites, etc., with an emphasis on problem solving in timely manner
- Facilitate sprint planning, retrospectives, and sprint demos, where appropriate
- Perform ongoing assessment of team and organizational Agile maturity, while coaching towards higher levels of maturity (at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization)
- Use and recommend various tools to advance the Agile practices in the organization
- Advise the leadership team of best practices and communicate updates, where applicable
- Assist in setting up an Agile framework where not already mature
- Work independently with brand technology groups with guidance from leadership
- Frequently interact with a diverse group of executives, release managers, technology, and business sponsors
- Working with the various Multiplatform key stakeholders to obtain feedback on team performance
- Provide leadership, ensuring employees are fully aware of their roles and responsibilities, that they are motivated, have the required skills and are empowered to fulfil the requirements of those roles.
- Responsible for development of all their staff, including annual appraisals and objective setting, as directed by senior management
- Build relationships between the Warsaw office and the rest of the organization. To ensure the team is aware of current business priorities, processes and key updates. In addition to leveraging and socializing knowledge within the Scrum Master community, both inside and outside of Warsaw.
- Certified Scrum Product Owner
- Works with software developers, technical and business management, department heads, product developers, and QA teams
- Media Technologies including: mobile applications, video delivery, ad delivery, streaming live events, and how they all integrate into existing technologies
- Works with and manages cross-functional resources and vendors
- Experience in a managerial role
- Knowledge of test-driven development (TDD) and/or continuous integration (CI)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent highly preferred