Construction Manager - San Diego, CA | STAND 8 Careers | Stand8
Responsible for all aspects of construction on our client projects including; Vendor selection, on-site management, coordination of subcontractors, OEM installers and customer representatives. The Construction Manager is an expert on construction issues relating to construction/modification of towers and collocation or DAS and small cell projects, including in-building iDAS, public right-of-way oDAS & Small Cells along with the associated inside & outside plant construction methods. Oversight for DAS and small cell projects will include activities related to above and below-ground fiber installation, hub construction, node construction and related utility make-ready.
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in Mountain View, LA, Atlanta, New York and more.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Directly advise and influence decisions of District and/or Program and Project Managers in all aspects of construction work.
- Actively participate in and make recommendations in Vendor selection process.
- Develop customer relationships that may result in influencing customers to award service work to Crown.
- Make regular trips to sites during construction including: bid walk, precon walk, in progress site visits, punch walks and construction closeout. Provide direction to general contractors when doing ground work.
- Responsible to negotiate costs within scope of project, hold Vendor accountable to ensure budget is maintained; ensure District and/or Program and Project Managers and customers are aware of issues that will impact project completion or cost.
- Responsible to problem solve issues that may occur onsite and make recommendations based on priority and need to ensure the project and budget are maintained.
- Ensure all work is completed in accordance with Crown Castle construction standards, processes, and procedures.
- Ensure accurate and complete files are maintained for projects and appropriate closeout documents are distributed in a timely manner and are in accordance with corporate and customer standards.
- Ensure that all jobs are maintained in a project tracking system with complete accuracy.
- Act as Crown Castle safety observer and Quality Assurance representative while at the site ensuring compliance with Crown Castle safety program and related workmanship practices.
- High School degree
- A valid drivers license required
- Minimum 3 years of telecommunications/wireless construction experience
- Knowledge of Outside Plant Construction techniques (aerial & underground) for SCS.
- Familiarity with test equipment and techniques for performing RF Sweep test, OTDR,
- Power Meter and Passive Intermodulation (PIM) testing for SCS.
- Working knowledge of NESC, NEC and OSHA standards, GO 95 and GO 128.
- Knowledge of budget development and execution
- Knowledge of construction management process
- Knowledge of site acquisition procedures, including regulatory and permitting process
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Ability to direct and diagnose work flow problems, critical paths and institute remedies
- Customer service orientation with a strong problem solving approach - strong interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills - MS office, including Excel, and project management software knowledge