Sr. Software Engineer - Drupal - New York, New York | STAND 8
We are looking for a Sr. Software Engineer who can work in a fast-paced environment and has a strong grasp of cutting edge languages and technologies. The developer will be responsible for requirements gathering, architecting solutions, data modeling, and implementation. The ideal candidate should have a strong foundation around performance and be driven to deliver high quality products. The team is really looking for someone who has solid grounds on coding and algorithms and can keep up in a fast paced environment.
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in Mountain View, LA, Atlanta, New York and more.
- Drupal experience required.
- PHP Engineering, with straight up PHP development
- Wider PHP framework usage
- Object oriented PHP +
- Should have a background within NoSQL/ Solar/ MongoDB/ MySQL/Varnish (Full stack development from end to end)
- Primarily will be in PHP but ideally a well-rounded understanding with frameworks and languages
- 4+ years of full stack web development experience.
- Solid PHP, MySQL, Linux, Shell scripting
- Understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Design, data structures, and algorithms
- Independently design, code, and test technical solutions
- Experience working with source control systems; git preferred
- Knowledge of open source software
- Experience with Drupal 7 or 8 preferred
- Experience with NoSQL preferred
- Experience with Redis preferred
- Experience with Lucene/SOLR preferred
- Working knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, cloud environments (GCP, AWS, etc.) a plus
- Web development best practices
- Knowledge of modern CMS systems and trends
- Clearly articulates thoughts and ideas verbally and/or in writing
What you’ll be doing:
- Design, build, and support a high performance, scalable, and innovative CMS powering our cross-platform streaming service.
- Develop back-end APIs, implement system instrumentation, and provide documentation
- Work closely with other engineers and product management teams to meet fixed deadlines.
- Work in all phases of a rapid product development life-cycle.
Remote but able to work WEST hours