Infrastructure Engineer, SRE - Century City, California | STAND 8
We are hiring for an Infrastructure Engineer, SRE for a cutting edge media entertainment company. If you are ready to create an impact in a collaborative and fast-paced environment, this could be a great opportunity for you!
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in LA, Atlanta, New York, Raleigh, and more.
This role will be responsible for conceptualizing and delivering solutions in the space of end-to-end system architecture, automated builds, deployment, monitoring and cloud infrastructure. You will have the ability to establish requirements and quickly move to building prototypes and ultimately a final product. You will work in a fast-paced, fail-fast environment in which we encourage our Engineers to innovate and drive solutions.
As part of the Technical Operations group, the Infrastructure Engineer, SRE role has the unique opportunity to help drive innovation and technical excellence into all aspects of our various Cloud-based services and platforms. The technology stack you will be working on is entirely hosted at AWS and is based on highly resilient and scalable design principles. We are passionate about complete end-to-end automation and working towards models that allow for resilient, self-healing services and infrastructure. We fully embrace SRE principles and service ownership model and leverage modern approaches and frameworks to make projects highly collaborative and rewarding.
- 5+ years DevOps/SRE experience required in a tech forward environment, having demonstrated progressively innovative contributions in system architecture
- Extensive experience with highly scaled out, consumer-focused services and platforms, primarily focused on core infrastructure and software delivery
- Experience building deployment automation within AWS-hosted services and infrastructure
- Experience building, monitoring and working within multi-region active/active environments
- A solid understanding of containerization and orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, or ECS
- Understanding of infrastructure as code paradigm, specifically provisioning AWS infrastructure utilizing Terraform and/or Cloud Formation
- Deep understanding of operational concepts and tooling, including monitoring platforms such as Grafana or Nagios, log aggregation solutions, such as Splunk, SumoLogic, and distributed tracing tools, such as Jaeger, as well as supporting tools for gathering of telemetry data: InfluxDB, Telegraph, Prometheus
- Expert knowledge of automation and best practices related to CI/CD pipelines and associated tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.
- Practical knowledge of microservice architecture and tools such as Consul for service discovery and Linkerd for a service mesh
- Architect, build and deliver systems within our AWS Cloud environment
- Continue to build and refine our modern DevOps/SRE toolchain and infrastructure platform utilizing open source and best in breed commercial technologies
- Deliver high quality, scalable, and resilient solutions that are documented and well-tested
- Apply engineering principles to infrastructure in the form of: IaC, CI/CD, automation, etc.
- Identify opportunities and implement solutions to further automate platform builds and processes
- Build strong technical rapport with other engineering teams, while utilizing subject matter expertise to lead projects in an Agile environment.