IT Project Manager - MTVE - New York , New York | STAND 8 Careers |
The Project Manager has primary responsibility to plan, track, and manage to success the projects to which they are assigned. He/she will identify key stakeholders and help define the project objectives. Finally the Project Manager must be able to identify issues proactively, resolve conflicts, escalate if necessary, and work across the organization to execute the project.
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in LA, Atlanta, New York, Raleigh, and more.
PROJECT MANAGER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand and follow the project management frameworks for project delivery.
- Identify, track, and remove impediments to project success.
- Facilitate the creation of a well-defined Project Plan.
- Assure that all team members understand and accept their roles and responsibilities.
- Work with offshore development teams / 3rd party Vendors to tightly integrate them into their project work streams.
- Facilitate change control and risk mitigation.
- Analyze risk and mitigation accordingly, including establishing contingency plans and initiating corrective action.
- Track and report key project metrics.
- Track capital budgets and provide financial reports (when applicable).
- Keep all stakeholders informed of status and issues.
- Manage relationships with the Brand, Product, Production Teams and/or stakeholders.
- Coordinate participation of different tech and business groups in requirements gathering, specifications, design, development and implementation of key projects.
- Serve as a point of escalation for project-related conflicts.
- Effortlessly sift through “noise” and facilitate discussions and team activities with a laser focus towards results.
- At least 7 years’ experience managing projects
- Ability to understand technologies applicable to a chosen project and facilitate resolution of technical issues as they arise.
- Agile certification and/or PMP certification highly valued.
- Superb written and verbal communications and presentation skills.
- Agile or Lean methodologies and software engineering practices, as well as traditional project management approaches.
- Managing projects web development projects within a media company and/or in an online businesses environment.
- Managing projects that involve content management, cataloging, marketing and/or scheduling systems
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Working with software developers, technical and business management, department heads, product, and QA teams.
- Driving (Quality Assurance) QA and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) cycles
- Management of offshore project teams and 3rd Party Vendors
- Budgeting and financial tracking in an enterprise environment.
- Strategic PMO planning and execution.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, minimum.