Senior Solutions Architect - Parsippany, New Jersey | STAND 8 Careers
The Senior Solutions Architect will be responsible for providing leadership, strategic direction, design and implementation related to infrastructure services. Initiates research, design, and implementation of software/hardware components that are standards based, high performance, highly available and secure in delivering the required business functionality. Leads the evaluation and selection of infrastructure service and ensures proper alignment of projects and major initiatives. Define, design, implement and promote standard configuration and change management, processes and best practices.
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in LA, Atlanta, New York, Raleigh, and more.
Strong MS, AD, Cloud Azure AD/Sync Connect, Azure Directory services, Office365, Automation and Okta
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job or position. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. An associate might or might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Associates are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, associates are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Associates are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, associates are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Maintaining composure in dealing with executives, clients, prospects, and staff, in group settings and in situations requiring high performance and results.
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Regular talking and hearing.
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Occasional local and regional/national travel for presentations, meetings, and visits.
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
- Job will be based in Parsippany, NJ.
Infrastructure Architecture, Implementation, Operations
- Provides hands-on technical depth, enables direct oversight, problem-solving leadership and participation for complex infrastructure implementation, system upgrades and operational troubleshooting.
- Serve as level-4 escalation point for operations team and assist with problem resolution and root cause analysis as needed.
- Plans for life and refresh cycles. Ensures that architected solutions work in line with application, network, desktop, server, storage, etc.
- Continuous review of current environment to detect deficiencies, recommend, plan and implement solutions for improvement.
- Implementation of an automation framework delivering faster time to market and improved stability of all infrastructure components, modernization of the monitoring environment to provide proactive response capabilities.
- Sets strategy, develop implementation plans, executes and oversees the global technical infrastructure, architecture, security systems and/or related business processes to ensure the reliable implementation and operation of current and new technologies and services.
- Lead a senior team of highly qualified architects ensuring intra-departmental teamwork, standards and expectations are achieved.
- Define, implement and manage engagement model for collaborating with Enterprise Application, BI and IT Application support who together will develop integrated business/ applications road maps.
- Collaborate with other IT functions on design, strategy, and standards; documents and publish appropriate infrastructure architecture principles and standards, position papers, blueprints, best practices, patterns, and frameworks. Facilitate, communicate, collaborate and persuade others in defining, adopting and implementing a coherent technical architecture.
- Develop and maintain a library of deployable, tested, and documented automation design scripts, processes, and procedures for deploying services to the cloud.
- Bachelor’s Bachelors degree in Computer/IT or IS Engineering/Science required; advanced degrees or certifications (Microsoft, Cisco, etc) a plus
- 10+ years of systems infrastructure and architecture experience, preferably within a small to mid-sized and diversified financial or professional services organization that operate in a virtualized environment
- SME experience in design, monitoring, maintenance, consolidation of Active Directory environments
- Relevant experience supporting Active Directory data feeds from HR systems with directory integration and automation.
- Experience with OKTA or Aquera, directory automation tools are a plus
- Proficient in advanced Infrastructure technologies, such as clustering, Cloud, VEAMM, Office365, OneDrive, SharePoint Online, SQL 2005, 2008, 2012, 2014, Always on Availability Groups, Active Directory, DNS and DHCP, and VMware
- VMware, Windows Server, SAN (NetApp) and (Brocade)switch Infrastructure experience is required
- Excellent technical skills including, however, not limited to, Microsoft Operating systems server 2003-2019, Office 365, Active Directory, VEEAM, SCOM, Networking (both LAN and WAN), TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Experience working with Dell server HW
- Experience using monitoring including MS SCOM, Azure Monitor
- Solid track record of supporting cloud-based disaster recovery (DR) with advanced technology solutions and achieving desired RPO and RTO levels
- Experience in planning, documenting and migrating large datacenter workloads to IAS Azure offerings while maintaining a high level of security in micro segmentation of systems securing communications between systems to only those required.
- Experience in Azure environment governance including security center reviews, policy configuration for subscription and automating/monitoring that all policies are being maintained for all systems.
- Experience in planning, deploying and managing Windows Virtual Desktop environments in Azure is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and success in efficiently managing, investigating and improving upon IT systems/resources and project imperatives
- Proven experience and an advanced ability to independently make sound and value-add judgment calls in a highly transactional business context
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and an effective player/coach
- Must be comfortable presenting to Management
- Creative and data-oriented problem solver; detail-oriented with outstanding organizational skills