Network Engineer with a Voice focus - Los Angeles, California | STAND
We are hiring for a Network Engineer for a healthcare organization serving the diverse Los Angeles community and beyond. If you're ready to make an impact in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, this could be a great opportunity for you!
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in LA, Atlanta, New York and more.
- Solid network background
- Cisco Call Manager and Contact Center experience
- Cloud Experience a Plus
- Scripting a Plus
- Leads the technical engineering planning, design and architecture for monitoring and managing a global healthcare network, security and wireless infrastructure.
- Create and maintain documentation, maintain hardware and software standards, and evaluate new products and solutions related to business requirements.
- Develop and modify technology networks, addressing functional, performance, security, quality, operations and monitoring needs in an efficient and productive manner.
- Liaise with contractors and vendors to ensure the integrity and security of the network environments.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring of other engineers including the quality review and engineering decisions of their work.
- Requires staying current on network engineering and automation approaches, technologies and techniques.
- Provides on-call support as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering or a related field
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) (minimum). CCDP, CCNP, CCIE. (preferred network or voice related)
- Minimum 5 or more years supporting LAN/WAN networks in large (10,000+ user) environments
- Team Lead/Supervision experience
- Experience with automation tools or scripting languages such as Ansible, Python or Puppet
- Strong understanding of networking topologies and protocols
- In-depth knowledge of Cisco IOS/Nexus OS
- Knowledge of technologies related to MPLS, QoS, BGP, OSPF, VRF's, and Traffic Engineering
- Experience with Network Access Control and other perimeter security technologies
- Experience in LAN and WAN operation, routing, topology, QoS, Multicast, network protocols, and SDWAN.
- Experience and in –depth knowledge of the following: routers, routing protocols, CUCM, UCCE, VoIP gateways, SRST-survivability, Telepresence, SIP, H.323, SCCP and MGCP protocols
- Knowledge of wireless technologies 802.11a/b/g/n
- Ability to read packet traces to identify source of problems
- Experience with selection and strategic direction of network, security and wi-fi technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience in a network healthcare environment a strong plus