BA, Reinsurance Messaging - Purchase, New York | STAND 8 Careers |
Would you like to work in a global insurance company? This could be a great opportunity for you!
BA Reinsurance Messaging will lead the design and implementation of a reinsurance transaction messaging application to enable automated processing of placement messages, technical accounts and financial accounts in the company.
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in Charlotte, LA, Atlanta, New York and more.
- Conduct requirements definition for Reinsurance System Messaging solution. Collaborate closely with business stakeholders to understand their business requirements, informational needs, and data sources. Translate these business needs into clearly defined and documented detailed business requirements/ functional requirements inclusive of business use cases, process flows, data flows, traceability matrices as well as report mock-ups.
- Plan, facilitate, and conduct requirements elicitation sessions, meetings, and presentations.
- Lead review sessions for completed business/functional requirements with key business users focused on gaining consensus and final business approval.
- Participate in the development of User Acceptance Test planning documentation, including test plans and scripts, based on business and functional requirements.
- Facilitate UAT execution phase and work with business stakeholders and project manager to obtain user acceptance test signoff.
- Assess production support and data issues encountered by end users and assist in problem resolution.
- Provide System Messaging processing subject matter expertise to the IT team throughout the project. Review development and test deliverables as needed.
- Conduct project planning and estimating efforts as needed.
- 8+ years of proven experience in business analysis including defining Insurance business, functional and reporting requirements and conducting user acceptance testing for business critical solutions in complex environments.
- Insurance/Reinsurance industry experience and knowledge with an understanding of the terminology, business functions (UW, System Messaging, Claims, Finance, Actuarial) and business processes.
- Detailed System Messaging processing knowledge and experience. Good Understanding of ACORD messaging standard (TA, FA, CM messages) and the concepts of Straight Through Processing (STP).
- Experience in Functional and Product artifacts (User Stories, BRD, FRD, Release Notes, User Manual)
- Experienced with formal SDLCs and business analysis methodologies.
- Working knowledge of business analysis documentation standards.
- Experience using standard project tools including Visio, Excel and PowerPoint, SharePoint.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must have experience working with various organizational units with a proven track record of working with IT and Business.
- Broad multi-disciplinary information technology familiarity with proven systems deployment experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate to all project members and stakeholders; must be a team player who works well with technical and non-technical resources.
- Must be able to see tasks through to completion without significant guidance.
- Very strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Personal time management skills and ability to meet individual and team deadlines.
- Must have experience with any System Messaging management system for reinsurance. SAP MSG or any other reinsurance system experience is a plus.
- Agile Methodology experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of Guidewire platform a plus.
- Experience with Data Migration a plus.
- B.A / B.S degree
- Industry knowledge of System Messaging processing for the Insurance and Reinsurance markets.
- Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) a plus but not required.
- Experience with tools like Web Connectivity, MSG.XDi is a plus.