BI Data Engineer / Airflow Developer - Burbank, California | STAND 8
Our Global Media Entertainment client is seeking a Data Engineer / Airflow developer to join the BI Analytics team creating technical solutions building pipelines for ELT and ETL processes. This will be a great chance to apply your skill set across a large analytics environment within an exciting company. This technical environment includes analytics platforms, semantic layers, and architectures across existing data lakes. The engineer will be called upon to build the Airflow jobs and ensure the data goes where it needs. You'll be part of a team that will running on multiple cloud platforms and will get exposure to the Business Intelligence BI workflows, architecture, data engineering and processes. This will be working in a large global data environment.
We have a direct relationship with the hiring manager on this critical project and are setting up interviews next week for someone who can hit the ground running. This position is a long-term contract in Burbank, CA. Be prepared to make an immediate impact, join a collaborative, fast-paced, cross-functional team, and gain exposure to strategic decision-makers!
STAND 8 is a strategic services and staffing company that partners great talent with amazing opportunities in technology solutions for all industries. We work with top tier client-partners across the United States and have offices in LA, Atlanta, New York, Raleigh, Phoenix and Morro Bay. This position offers full time benefits and longevity for talented associates who can work on a W2 without sponsorship.
- Must have at least 1-2 years of prior experience with Apache Airflow
- Must be able to create Airflow jobs from scratch using Python
- Experience creating ELT and ETL jobs
- 2-3 years of hands-on professional Python development
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS or GCP)
- Snowflake or BigQuery experience nice to have
- Understanding of data engineering
- Excellent communications and ability to work in cross-functional distributed teams
- Will be tasked with creating Airflow jobs to facilitate ELT and ETL jobs within the data pipelines
- Will set up DAGs and be able to create Airflow jobs using Python from scratch
- Will facilitate data engineering solutions with Python within the pipeline and data environments
- Coordinate and collaborate with other data engineering users
- Work cross functional with teams domestic and international
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time