Service Mesh Senior Software Engineer - New York , New York | STAND
We are hiring for a Service Mesh Senior Software Engineer for a cutting edge media entertainment company. If you are ready to create an impact in a collaborative and fast-paced environment, this could be a great opportunity for you!
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in LA, Atlanta, New York, Raleigh, and more.
- Evaluate different service mesh implementations
- Contribute to architecture, design, implementation and deployment of selected service mesh
- Build and architect distributed systems for service connectivity across heterogeneous environments (Kubernetes, VMs, bare metal)
- Work closely with Cloud and Security groups to ensure implementations meet performance/security standards.
- Strategize on continuous deployment of dynamically growing multi-cloud microservices architectures.
- Collaborate with peers across multiple teams to support and leverage technology standards and best practices.
- Develop unified service registry for discovery, governance and visibility.
- BS, or MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent industry experience.
- Minimum 7 years of experience as software or infrastructure engineer operating scalable and reliable cloud platforms. AWS, Azure, GCP
- Strong hands-on experience with Service Mesh technologies - Istio, Linkerd, AWS AppMesh, Consul
- Strong Linux administration experience.
- Expert in networking concepts and implementation especially Kubernetes networking architecture
- Deep understanding of Kubernetes microservices architectures and internal components.
- Strong experience troubleshooting service mesh implementations for performance related issues.
- Demonstrated understanding of overall infrastructure design and developing tools to enable and automate infrastructure.
- Good written and oral communication skills and effective interpersonal skills
- Looking for a flexible self-starter with strong leadership skills
- Experience in Television/Broadcast, Media, or related field
- Experience with interactive media and application development