Vendor Management & Procurement Specialist - Los Angeles ,
We are hiring for a Vendor Management & Procurement Specialist for a cutting edge media entertainment company. If you are ready to create an impact in a collaborative and fast-paced environment, this could be a great opportunity for you!
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in LA, Atlanta, New York, Raleigh, and more.
- The Specialist, oversees operational aspects of vendor management process and governance.
- This role is responsible for a combination of IT vendor contracts, risk assessment and strategic relationship management.
- He/she owns and must understand contractual, commercial and operational working relationships with vendors to ensure effective delivery of committed products and services.
- This role has wide exposure to a range of senior executives, reporting directly to the Director Tech Vendor Management & Procurement.
- Responsible for supporting and delivering Governance Framework
- Continue a disciplined process across the entire strategic life cycle for a variety of vendors; focused on non-staff labor
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders — including IT, business resources, and Strategic Sourcing — to ensure best practices for vendor relationship management.
- Execution of vendor governance practices across IT and our internal business partners
- Monitoring performance and penalty clauses in conjunction with Director, VMO, as well as IT and business units
- Implement and manage core vendor governance processes such as risk management and customer satisfaction
- Drive Business Reviews with key vendors
- Oversee execution of legal documentation
- Define documentation and contracting for scope and risk
- Define key measurements of performance
- Service Level Agreements
- Service Level Objectives
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICARTORS
- Drive the Tech & Corporate Vendor Management & Procurement Strategy through implementation of standardized policies, procedures and utilization of templates
- Monitor the financial viability and management stability of key vendors
- Contribute to negotiation strategy and execution
- Ensure alignment with terms outlined in vendor agreements and standardized rate card
- Promote reusable vendor management assets and applications (e.g., standardized templates, salesforce, asana etc.)
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders and internal partners such as Legal, Finance, Risk Management, Human Resources among many others
- Oversee the maintenance of agreements with vendors, and ensure that they are current/up to date and compliant with relevant laws and regulations.
- Manage vendor relationships as the key point of contact between specified vendors and the business, including communication and performance feedback.
- Serve as a point of escalation for vendor issues and disputes, and drive those issues to resolution.
- A bachelor's degree in business or a related field is required
- 3+ years experience leading governance strategies and initiatives
- 3- 5 years experience in reporting and BI tools
- 5+ years experience managing complex outsourcing and off-shoring engagements (managing off shore is a nice to have but not necessary)
- Knowledge of various outsourcing and service offerings, pricing, and delivery structures
- 3+ years experience with best practices for vendor governance
- 5+ years experience with contract negotiation, management skills, including experience with global vendors
- Ability to understand contract risks and to work with other parts of the organization to develop tactics and strategies
- 1+ years' experience managing people; ability to delegate
- Meeting facilitation and presentation skills
- Proficient in MS Suite, in particular Excel and PowerPoint
- Collaborator and team player, with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Analytical, problem solving, and project management skills
- Communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Ability to define and clearly follow organizational processes and procedures
- Attention to detail, sense of urgency, work ethic
- Ability to work on a multitude of concurrent projects
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in vendor management or a related field (eg Strategic Sourcing, Procurement, Contract Management, etc.)
- Experience with large organization and exposure to diverse vendor management strategies
- Ability to deliver in a fast-paced and time-sensitive environment
- Comprehension of the media and technology services business landscape is a plus