Software Engineering Manager - Atlanta, Georgia | STAND 8 Careers |
We are looking for a Software Engineering Manager to drive customer delivery via agile practices, innovative software development, and high performing and globally located engineering teams.
This position is responsible for customer satisfaction in the Hospitality space and transforming monolithic applications to cloud solutions.
Sounds Interesting? We would love to hear from you!
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in Morrisville, LA, Atlanta, New York and more.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Provide leadership to a globally distributed software organization in an agile environment.
- Manage concurrent projects and engineering staff to ensure project timing is maintained.
- Ensure customer success by delivering quality solutions on schedule and within budget parameters.
- Handle and prioritize customer escalations and triage customers issues.
- Allocate resources as necessary to ensure success for all business requirements (cost, timing, quality, etc.).
- Develop resource plans and ensure that the organization has sufficient time to react to insufficient resources.
- Ensure agile plans are followed and maintained on a monthly basis.
- Build and maintain productive relationships within a matrixed organization.
- Use strong engineering decisioning to ensure a properly developed solution.
- Serve as a professional example for others to follow.
- Define and track KPIs for the team.
- Objectively evaluate team performance and develop resources.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical Discipline or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience managing global software engineering teams of 10-15 people
- 5+ years of experience in Agile environment
- Proven software engineering experience
- Experience using AWS, GCP, or Azure, Containers
- Experience working with eCommerce/B2C applications
- Established expertise with developer tools and CI/CD pipelines
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
- Very strong people management and mentoring skills
- A passion for resolving complicated problems