Senior SW Quality Engineer (Mobile) - Atlanta, Georgia | STAND 8
We are looking for a talented, driven, motivated, detail oriented Senior Mobile Quality Engineer to join our team as we move our mobile product into the next decade, maintaining our high level of quality along the way.
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in Charlotte, LA, Atlanta, New York and more.
- Quality minded person with an attention to detail.
- Business savvy with a technical aptitude to follow general instructions and achieve desired results as well as drive and improve processes
- Someone who just gets it. From system architecture to technical specifics, you see the big picture and how everything—and everyone—works together from start to finish.
- Passionate about quality and performance, while understanding the tradeoff between time and perfection. People see you as innately curious with a desire to explore different approaches and apply them to new problems.
- The one everyone wants on their team. You simply bring out the best in other people.
- Passionate about the mobile space possessing knowledge of the platforms, differences as well as commonalities.
- Enjoys and exudes meticulous attention to UI details paying close attention to pixels and color variations.
YOU CAN EXPECT TO
- Identify process gaps and driving process improvements.
- Be part of a shift left organization where you engage in quality practices as early as possible.
- Set up required hardware for test environments including iOS and Android devices, debugging tools as needed, parsing log data for issues, crash reports.
- Practice and expand your software estimating skills to drive towards on time and on budget deliveries.
- Identify, communicate, and manage risks.
- Participate in an agile development team, implementing user stories into products that work. Using manual and automated testing to verify acceptance criteria.
- Triage new bugs for initial severity
- Willingness to participate in mentoring and skills transfer among team members.
- Put on your detective hat and investigate production incidents.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of designing, documenting, and executing test plans.
- 2+ years testing in the mobile space
- Proficiency and ability to implement industry standard testing practices in an Agile Environment, including functional, usability, performance/load, scalability, boundary, hostile, regression and negative testing.
- In depth experience of bug tracking tools and using them to document, analyze, and manage defects.
- In depth experience with software development lifecycle and release practices.
- Experience interacting with Product Owners, Scrum Masters, and Software development teams.
- Experience with bug-tracking systems and test management systems; Jira or Zephyr a plus!
- Automation testing framework experience would come in handy; Squish or Appium a plus
- Ability to lead others with communication skills and best practice knowledge and opinions