Engineering Manager (iOS & Apple TV)– Video Player Technology - New
We are hiring for a Engineer manager for a cutting edge media entertainment company.
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in LA, Atlanta, New York, Raleigh, and more.
The Video Player Technology team is looking for an iOS & Apple TV Engineering Manager to grow and develop our engineering talent and build inclusive, high-performing teams.
Our Engineering Managers work in teams arranged around device platforms with clear objectives, responsibilities and the right people to execute against their own roadmap.
Engineering Managers work closely and collaboratively with teams across Peacock technology to deliver a high quality streaming service. Engineering Managers drive technical initiatives in partnership with senior engineers across multiple teams, including testing, resiliency a performance.
What the team does
- Develops libraries providing video playback capabilities of DASH and HLS formats, including ad insertion and video analytics
- Collaborates with video streaming and encoding teams to drive innovation and improvements in video delivery and playback user experience
- Collaborates with teams building Peacock applications, ensuring optimal integration of the video players libraries on all types of devices
- Support and lead your team in delivering high impact, high quality work that is built with focus on optimal user experience
- Deliver on product roadmaps, incrementally with a high level of quality
- Drive technical initiatives in partnership with senior engineers across teams
- Constantly search for improvements in process, improve software delivery and operational processes
- Grow the team by attracting diverse talent that can push technical boundaries and where individuals recognize that team success is more important than individual success.
- Support, coach and develop high performing engineers through regular 1:1s, continuous feedback and relationships with others
- Mentor individuals to embrace diversity and help building an inclusive and flexible workplace
- 2+ years of Engineering Management experience, prior software development experience at senior level
- Understanding of how a high performing team of engineers looks
- Demonstrable experience working with Apple technologies and processes
- Understanding of deadlines, constraints and scope of delivery and experience working with the business partners to ensure the right balance between these are met, setting expectations and handling risks early
- Ability to integrate into a large agile development project and manage rapid development cycles
- Experience in implementation of video streaming in MPEG-DASH, HLS and associated delivery and encryption technologies
- Being an analytic problem solver with a strong sense of autonomy, but with an open collaborative approach to getting the job done.
- Interest in promoting an inclusive team culture where engineers of diverse backgrounds can grow
- Committed to quality in every assignment, large or small
- Transparency, selflessness and authenticity