Junior Systems Engineer - Los Angeles , California | STAND 8 Careers
The Junior Systems Engineer, Information Security Operations will be responsible for providing advanced information security operational support for our global, 24x7 IT environment. This position will be responsible for creating a proactive security environment through deployment and management threat detection tools.
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in LA, Atlanta, New York, Raleigh, and more.
- Act as the primary engineer for the company SIEM based on ElasticSearch.
- Support log management and data loss prevention operations in support of PCI compliance operations.
- Support privileged endpoint management, account management and intrusion detection operations in support of PCI compliance operations.
- Support Amazon Web Services (AWS) operation for the enterprise.
- Implement and maintain all servers and applications belonging to the global information security team. In both data center and cloud environments.
- Server and storage architecture, installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and performance tuning
- Implement and maintain interior and exterior patch management systems and processes.
- Implement and maintain log collection, management, and analysis standards for adoption across the business and enable modification for new technologies and business applications.
- Work with enterprise, businesses peers, and information security teams to detect, prioritize, and remediate security defects throughout the business life cycle.
- Create, Manage and Distribute Information Security policies across a large array of Security Detection tools and services
- Documentation and diagraming of server and storage infrastructure.
- Work with the Cyber Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT) for the detection and remediation of information security events and incidents.
- 24x7 on-call duties.
- Travel to hosting sites for system builds and maintenance as needed.
- Work with the enterprise information security training and awareness coordinator to apply lessons learned into priority training opportunities as a contribution to the overall training and awareness program.
- At least one year of ElasticSearch experience.
- Many years of experience in Linux/Unix server administration experience.
- Many years of experience of Windows server administration experience.
- Many years of experience of Amazon Web Services (AWS) administration experience.
- A few years of experience with IT Security-related standards and technologies.
- A few years of experience in IT Infrastructure/network security.
- A few years of experience in Windows and Linux patch management.
- Strong Hands-On experience with Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) and Log Management
- Strong Hands-On experience with Redhat, CentOS, Oracle Linux, or other versions of Linux.
- Virtualization and/or Cloud administration experience with VMware ESXi.
- Familiarity with Load Balancers (Netscaler preferred), and clustering (Oracle RAC/OCFS).
- Strong Hands-On experience configuring and supporting IT security tools such as
o Intrusion Detection Tools (Vectra/Suricata)
o Elastic Search
o Vulnerability Scanners (Nessus)
o PAM Centrify (Privileged Account Management)
o DLP (Forcepoint and E-Recon)
- Must have experience with AWS Management, Orchestration and Automation.
- Familiarity with database server administration such as Oracle or MySQL Minimum.
- Familiarity with PCI-DSS and other compliance standards.
- Ability to examine events from disparate logging and intelligence sources and develop procedures to drive global containment, mitigation and resolution efforts.
- Ability to work in large global environments spanning multiple time zones.
- Must be available for limited travel and for on-call duties outside of regular business hours