Tech IT PM - Los Angeles , California | STAND 8 Careers | Stand8
The IT Technical Project Manager will lead multiple IT transformation projects. They will be responsible for the full project lifecycle, from inception, implementation through to training and support. This role requires the ability to comprehend technical concepts and to communicate and train non-technical employees.
They will manage complex projects within IT department and across our corporate teams. They will intake and scope assigned projects and programs and offer solutions that fit into the overall IT strategic roadmap. You will develop relationships with your executive sponsors and take an active role in communicating and mitigating risks. You will be in the forefront of any project issues and mediate proactively rather than reactively.
This is an excellent opportunity for those professionals looking to develop in one of the fastest growing companies in the industry!
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in Charlotte, LA, Atlanta, New York and more.
- Consistently and successfully deliver on assigned projects
- Owning multiple technical projects, partnering with key stakeholders and vendors to attain accurate business goals and objectives
- Responsible for definition, planning, execution and closure of large cross-functional projects in a fast-paced environment across multiple teams.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
- Model confidence and perseverance in the face of change and ambiguity and provide support to help others adapt to change
- Evaluate and manage scope changes, determine the impact to target delivery dates and assess and present options for phased delivery.
- Report on project status clearly, consistently and reliably to executive leadership and team members.
- Ensure frequent updates between US-based teams and the International IT team.
- Providing clear visibility on projects and tracking against project timelines through detailed IT work plans, schedules; project estimates, resource plans and status reports
- Communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional teams.
- Maintain project documentation in an appropriate project repository for easy access by stakeholders.
- Ownership of cross-team meetings - scheduling, setting agendas, and meeting preparation.
- Empower teams so they can complete their activities in a timely manner and with quality.
- Ensure that change management processes are followed.
- Help define process improvements and feedback for initiatives that need creative project management strategies required for timely execution.
- Minimum 5-7 years of project management experience supporting large scale enterprises
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in Information Technology / Engineering / Networking.
- Has an advanced knowledge of program management methodologies; core knowledge of Lean Best Practices and SDLC required
- Business analysis skills
- Process Mapping
- Demonstrated leadership and experience with large-scale, complex, cross discipline technology projects, including scope definition, schedule development and management, communications and stakeholder engagement activities
- Demonstrated success in planning and launching new initiatives
- Experience with Agile (Scrum/Kanban) frameworks required
- Exceptionally strong written and oral communication skills and ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Executive reporting experience required; able to provide clear and concise verbal and written project status updates at the Senior Leadership Team (C-level) via multiple approaches with limited to no supervisory review
- Able to resolve conflicts and negotiate agreements; able to propose innovative solutions while balancing impacts to scope, schedule and cost
- Proven experience with risk management; can confidently convey risks, issues and blockers and present alongside proposed mitigation or resolution plans
- Able to proactively identify and either eliminate or mitigate program/project dependencies during planning
- Experience with a Project Management online tool required
- Problem-solving mentality and always open to feedback
- Has a high level of self-initiative, is self-reliant, and is resourceful
- Is passionate and willing to learn; coachable
- Has excellent time-management and organizational skills.
- Has ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Is a team player who is flexible and is a quick-thinker who can adapt to changes easily