Android Engineer - New York , New York | STAND 8 Careers | Stand8
STAND 8 is looking for a hardworking Android Engineer to develop cohesive solutions to content based technical obstacles. The role will be end-to-end from understanding the goals and roadmaps of the product and engineering teams, through design and architecture of any solution and the delivery and maintenance of those platforms once in place.
We look for someone who will participate in the definition of product requirements, being able to articulate how the engineering effort will align to those requirements and provide accurate estimates of the effort.
You will also be working with a team of engineers through the development process, including implementing standards around code, tooling, metrics, progress reporting and interactions with the QE team to ensure a quality first approach to any work.
- Hands on software development on the Android/Android TV/Amazon/Amazon Fire TV platform
- Design, develop, test, and deploy new solutions as well as maintaining, integrating and improving existing solutions
- Collaborate with the product team to understand and deliver on their requirements
- Handle individual project priorities and deadlines
- Participate in preparing business cases, requirements documents and product roadmaps for the Android platform
- Prepare architectural diagrams and technical specifications for the engineering team to deliver high quality, maintainable software
- Represent coding standard methodologies through sharing your expertise, performing code reviews, and mentoring engineers
- 2+ years experience developing Android Applications
- Experience programming in Kotlin
- Experience using Android Studio
- Experience following and implementing software design patterns
- Able to work with scrum team in an agile process
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to facilitate conversations with business partners in project definition, business requirements definition and functional design sessions
- Eye for quality and user experience
YOU MIGHT ALSO HAVE
- Experience developing for Fire TV and Android TV
- Experience working on a media application or working with ExoPlayer
- Experience with Android Architecture Components
- Experience with dependency injection (Dagger or Hilt)
- Have shipped one or more apps to the Google Play and/or Amazon app store.
- Experience with Retrofit or OkHttp library
- Familiarity with reactive frameworks (RxJava, RxKotlin)
- Familiarity with Jetpack Compose